Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

am i dying? **Update**

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM
  • 53 Replies

i know, GO TO THE DR!  i plan on calling right away in the morning.  in the mean time, anyone have any input? 

i am overweight and have a hard time getting myself to be active.  but lately, things have gone terribly downhill.  i was sweeping the floors the other day and my lips turned blue.  and not just kinda blue, but dark, blueberry blue. i got very sleepy and took a nap and when i woke up, it was better.  now this weekend, i've been painting the rooms of my house, and my arms and hands turned a deep plum color.  i've also been so very short of breath.  just sitting in the chair i'm struggling to get a good breath.  i do have asthma, but this is completly different than my usual asthma attacks.  it basically feels like i'm smothering.  when i'm doing anything remotely active, i just feel awful.  i can't really describe it-kind of a nauseated, clammy, lightheaded feeling. and its not like i'm running a marathon or anything, just doing regular sahm things.

i've also noticed that i've started being kinda twitchy.  my arms, legs, neck and back will twitch quite a bit, but only when i'm resting-either sitting in a chair or laying in bed.  doesn't happen when i'm up and around.  i also have swelling in my legs-mostly my calves, but that has been going on a long time now and we've never really found a cause for that.

of course, i googled some of this stuff and got myself scared, things like pulmonary hypertention kept coming up.  i hope there's nothing wrong with my heart or lungs....what do you think?

**update**

well, against everyone's better judgement, i didn't go to the er, and i am still alive this morning.  for clarification, the blue lips episode happened once last week and resolved with rest.  same with the purple arms this weekend.  i thank everyone for their concern and advice, and i realize the danger of these symptoms.  i just don't feel like i'm in imenent danger at the moment as long as i take it easy and don't do anything to aggrivate things.  i'm def calling the dr. as soon as they open at 8.  thanks again for all your concern!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelove211
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Sounds like you have high blood pressure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iloveclay
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM
This could be a sign of a stroke or heart attack.. I would go to the ER now.. Better safe than sorry..
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a cardiac issue. Turning blue/purple is a warning sign you aren't getting enough oxygen. If it happens again don't hesitate, call 911!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

ER NOW.

this is def heart or lung related. WTH are you waiting for? GO GET IN THE CAR OR CALL 911. 

Not joking, not dramatizing. I am a social worker. GO NOW!!!!!

brlee1115
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Somethings going on with the ur blood circulation. Hypertension maybe? It's definately scary. Keep us posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine2plus2
by Sunshine on May. 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Sounds like something to do with the heart

roxy85
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, we are all dying. I would look up your local hospital and call their nurse line. Most hospitals have one you can call free of charge if you don't have insurance that provides one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on May. 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM
You really should go to the ER, like, now! Something is blocking or slowing your blood flow...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

NO AIR, blue lips, OXYGEN. please call 911. you should not drive, you might pass out.

GinasMommy412
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Iloveclay:

This could be a sign of a stroke or heart attack.. I would go to the ER now.. Better safe than sorry..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)