Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am in need of some help for my BIL and him finding a foster for his dog.

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM
  • 14 Replies

My father inlaw just passed recently and we offered to take his 4 year old pitbull mix. We live in an apt and it really isnt working out. She has been here for maybe 2 hrs and wont stop barking at every little thing and we have already had complaints :( What my question is, is can someone find me some places that foster around the Joliet IL area I am looking and all I am seeing is adoption and he doesnt want to give her away. He just needs somewhere for her to live until he gets on his feet. He lived with my FIL up until he passed in a house so the barking wasnt an issue there.

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ollie123
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Look on petfinder.com.
mommaofemma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Quoting Ollie123:

Look on petfinder.com.

all it is saying is adopt a pet

CafeMom Tickers

MawMawKelton
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Contact your local Humane Society and explain what is going on and that you need a FOSTER and give them a date of which you won't need one anymore.

They may not do that, but they may be able to set you up with one of their own fosters.

It is worth a try.

DO NOT use craigslist or anything like that.

MawMawKelton
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Also, if he has only been there for 2 hours, it takes some time for the dog to get used to its surroundings and new noises. Give it time.

mommaofemma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Quoting MawMawKelton:

Also, if he has only been there for 2 hours, it takes some time for the dog to get used to its surroundings and new noises. Give it time.

3 other neighbors have already called the landlord and complained and he called us and says get her out :(

CafeMom Tickers

Ollie123
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM
[quote name="mommaofemma" id="0"][/quote.
Scroll through the dogs from your area and it should say where each dog is fostered. I would then start contacting those places and they should be able to help you.
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM

It says your location is Wilmington. Where is the dog located currently? How long would the dog need to be fostered for? Is the dog up to date on shots? Is the dog spayed?

mommaofemma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

It says your location is Wilmington. Where is the dog located currently? How long would the dog need to be fostered for? Is the dog up to date on shots? Is the dog spayed?

Yeah Wilmington IL. at the apt with me.3 months.no and yes.

CafeMom Tickers

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Quoting mommaofemma:

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Yeah Wilmington IL. at the apt with me.3 months.no and yes.

Do you have any pictures of the dog?

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

im sorry for your loss. i am not in your area. heres a bump so cm in your area may help you find a foster.

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)