Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: wearing bikinis while pregnant?

Options:

yes! its freaking hot outside!

no! its freaking inappropriate!

other cause i gotta be different!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 179

View Results

wear it or no? since i get the joy of being pregnant until july or august sometime, lets just face it i'm gonna want to go swimming or the lake or something so what do you do? theres no freakin way i'm going out and buying a "maternity" swimsuit, those are so darn expensive and then what i wear it a few times and it sits in a drawer and rots? i have like a million bikinis, so what to do? would you just wear one you already have if it still fits? i'm pretty proud of the fact that i've maintained my body pretty well, by watching how and what i eat as well as getting proper excersize, which is important to me pregnant or not! so wear one or no?

this is the belly in question!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
mkmommy0406
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I wore one when I was pregnant!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

oh my god, totally off topic but i'm always mobile and have never seen your avi, FREAKING LOVE IT! steel magnolias is one of my all time favorite movies, and weezer is totally me when i get older!

Quoting Apollos82:

Dooooo it! I would, if I had a bikini-worthy body!

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM
You look like you have a nice body, so you will look good in a bikini while pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cueballsmom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I wore my bikini top as a shirt for most of my first pregnancy. I think it's just fine.
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 7, 2012 at 12:16 AM

this is my second child, first was born in october so i wasnt really showing much during the summer months, i got zero stretch marks on my stomach with her, hopefully cocoa butter will work as well with this one! 

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Right now, for sure. Wear the bikini. I wore one with my first. I carried him nice like that and had no stretch marks until the last couple of weeks.
Just be honest with yourself. Sometimes a pregnant woman in a bikini looks absolutely gross. And sometimes they look great. Another option is wearing a long tank over your bikini. I did that with my others, until I finally bought a maternity suit with my third. Cute, and on sale. Couldn't resist.

Apollos82
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM
It's my FAVORITE!!! I love it so much! I've seen the movie thousands of times, and even a few plays. I cry every time!

Quoting kmorales7690:

oh my god, totally off topic but i'm always mobile and have never seen your avi, FREAKING LOVE IT! steel magnolias is one of my all time favorite movies, and weezer is totally me when i get older!

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

oh my gosh i know right! i'm torn between that one and fried green tomatoes! oh man they are both so good! nothing like a good southern woman chick flick!

Quoting Apollos82:

It's my FAVORITE!!! I love it so much! I've seen the movie thousands of times, and even a few plays. I cry every time!

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Apollos82
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Fried Green Tomatoes doesn't do it for me as much...but Beaches....I bawl like a baby every time!

Quoting kmorales7690:

oh my gosh i know right! i'm torn between that one and fried green tomatoes! oh man they are both so good! nothing like a good southern woman chick flick!

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebeingmrs
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM
I say do it..you will look super cute! I like when pregnant woman are in a two peice..it shows of the baby bump really well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM

i havent seen that one! guess i gotta put it on my list! 

Quoting Apollos82:

Fried Green Tomatoes doesn't do it for me as much...but Beaches....I bawl like a baby every time!

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)