Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: wearing bikinis while pregnant?

Options:

yes! its freaking hot outside!

no! its freaking inappropriate!

other cause i gotta be different!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 179

View Results

wear it or no? since i get the joy of being pregnant until july or august sometime, lets just face it i'm gonna want to go swimming or the lake or something so what do you do? theres no freakin way i'm going out and buying a "maternity" swimsuit, those are so darn expensive and then what i wear it a few times and it sits in a drawer and rots? i have like a million bikinis, so what to do? would you just wear one you already have if it still fits? i'm pretty proud of the fact that i've maintained my body pretty well, by watching how and what i eat as well as getting proper excersize, which is important to me pregnant or not! so wear one or no?

this is the belly in question!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (61-70):
MisfitInTN
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:44 AM
Do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CakeGirl3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Quoting Tammi4:

I say no bikini, but that's just me. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Personally -  I don't think bikinis are a good idea at ANY time.  But especially during pregnancy.

kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 7, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Honestly for me for me it has nothing to do with sexy, I wear a lot of bikinis in the summer, I'm the kind of person that's not a fan of clothes, especially when its hot outside, the less I can get away with without getting dirty looks or people seeing any nipples or booty I'm goin for it, lol

Quoting gum.drop:

I don't like it.... I always shake my head (on the inside) when I see it.... I just feel likes it's a reach for the sexy you just don't have while pregnant. It's just so desperate looking to me.

But I would never say anything outloud.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:10 AM
I do it and I'm not anywhere near your small size. I don't care either way though. If I'm comfortable I do what I want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie85
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:11 AM

I wore one when I was pregnant with my first. I say wear one , just put on plenty of sunscreen.

kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 7, 2012 at 7:14 AM
i cnt use sunscreen, something in it breaks my skin out really bad, but luckily I don't sunburn either, I've tried like every kind,

Quoting marie85:

I wore one when I was pregnant with my first. I say wear one , just put on plenty of sunscreen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie85
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Maybe just wear a cover when your not in the water. 

I don't know that's one thing I hate to see is a women with a burnt baby belly.

I don't burn either unless I'm near the ocean (salt water).

Quoting kmorales7690:

i cnt use sunscreen, something in it breaks my skin out really bad, but luckily I don't sunburn either, I've tried like every kind,

Quoting marie85:

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I'm with you,

I see no reason to bind myself into a tight, climbing piece of lycra and swelter because I'm pg.

With dd AND ds, I wore a 2 piece.  Sometimes in our backyard pool, I even wore a sports bra and boy shorts, LOL.

I can not imagine trying to get a wet one piece off to pee while I am pregnant.  It seems like cruel and unusual punishment. LOL

And I imgaine(never noticed or thought about it at the time) that there are people who won't be comfortable seeing you like that.  ANd they can do this thing, called turning their head away and not looking. LOL

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I don't get what's wrong with wearing a bikini while pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN