Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

when do u take ur kids to get antibotics?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:11 AM
  • 56 Replies
Let's say your child has green snot coming out there nose. And only a low grade fever and is somewhat low energy. How old are ur kids and at wht point do u take them in? How maNy days of green snot will u take before u surrender? ThAnks!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Temecula_Mama
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:12 AM
When it starts affecting his asthma. Ds had severe asthma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2hailey08
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Um I take my DD to the doctor when she has a fever, and or a bad cough, runny nose, etc. I dont like for her to be sick!! However,  I dont rush her to the doctor right away, if she doesnt seem to feel better within a day or two then I take her in.

CaraKirk
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Luckily I haven't had to make this decision yet. DS is 2.5 and has never been sick. (Knock on wood)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly_Ann
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:15 AM
My son has never really been a fever kid.. he never gets them... I never do either so if he has green snot and isn't acting like himself then he goes in.. I don't neccesarily put him right on antibiotics though.. just like to make sure he is not going to progress into something else. He hasn't ever had anythign thay he needed to be treated for with antibiotics other than when he had a scary accident and had to be on them because he was lacerated to the bone. They wanted to make sure thay nothing was even given a chance to grow the entire ten days he was medicated he.was out of daycare also just to make sure there was no way for him to get any infection from other kids either. I am not one to run and get antibiotics unless they are absolutely neccessaty and then I finish those bitches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Racer15
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM
5 moms liked this
I am very VERY cautious about taking antibiotics. Unless there is a high grade fever going on (over 103) or the illness just persists for more than 4 or 5 days, I don't even bother with the doctor. Too many of them throw antibiotics at you for colds or other problems that are purely viral, and then people wonder why MRSA and C-Diff are out of control.
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:20 AM

If the fever is low grade and just is feeling icky I would tolerate a quite a few days easy as long as she isn't getting worse. Antibiotics are a LAST resort.  My DD did have to take them last November for an extremely nasty sinus infection that wouldn't go away.  after the second round she was then hospitalized because of the antibiotics killing all the good flora in her system . 

twisted_charlie
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I've never taken DD to the doctor for a snot nose. She is 2.5.

Snapdragon88
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I wait stuff like that out. There is nothing wrong with having a slight fever. I think it's best for their bodies to try and fight off infections before getting medical help. It builds strong immune systems.

Now if he has a rumbling or barking cough with a high fever... he's going straight in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OutlawMUA
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Rarely, close to never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM

i'm proud to say that my child has never taken anything, except a small amount of tylenol, ONCE! luckily she just never gets sick, she had a cold for two days once, just a low grade fever and yellow runny nose, but after a few days of natural healing she was over it, antibiotics kill all bacterias, including good ones, i'm not a fan of them for anyone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN