Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You crashed while drag racing; you're stupid.

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM
  • 20 Replies
** ATTENTION GRABBING TITLE**

The news channel in my area posted a story earlier today about a 17 year old and 33 year old in the hospital after hitting a fence, parked car, and tree while drag racing in the street. The 17 year old was driving, 33 yr old was passenger. Driver of the other car was not hurt.

People are fliiiiipping their shit over some of the comments. Commets about how the driver was stupid, shouldn't have been racing, etc.

Others are saying people have no compassion, a boy is fighting for his life, how could someone say he was being stupid and wrong, etc.

Honestly, the kid was being a dumbass. I very recently almost lost a friend who was street racing, and totalled his car. My friend was being a complete dumbass. Which we've all told him. Of course, we're all happy he's still here, but he knows as well as we do, that he was being extremely stupid.

What is your take on this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Astaroth
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel bad for them and hope they are ok but they are putting innocent lifes on the line when they drag race so in my book he was being stupid and hope he learned his lesson
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. When you do something like that you are asking for your life to be put in danger. If that happens to be the outcome then don't be surprised and ask why me!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astaroth
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Exactly! And we have a damn track, 15 minutes from here where you can pay like 20 bucks to go do street legal drags. They do them every other weekend!

Quoting stockuponlove:

Agreed. When you do something like that you are asking for your life to be put in danger. If that happens to be the outcome then don't be surprised and ask why me!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:13 AM

drag racing not the smartest thing to do but... you know kids are going to do it. It's always sad when they get hurt though

standrdeviation
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I feel sorry for the family and what they're going through, but that doesn't change the fact that the kid was being a dumbass.  He could have killed innocent people.  The kid's dumbassery must be made clear so that other dumbasses who drag race ...and their parents...can learn from it.  

Astaroth
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:16 AM
Oh I know. You should see it here every Friday and Saturday. Lol!

We have a drag strip here though. A safer place to do this crap.

Quoting ditsyjo:

drag racing not the smartest thing to do but... you know kids are going to do it. It's always sad when they get hurt though

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astaroth
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:16 AM
Exactly. I feel bad for them too, but the kid was being stupid.

Quoting standrdeviation:

I feel sorry for the family and what they're going through, but that doesn't change the fact that the kid was being a dumbass.  He could have killed innocent people.  The kid's dumbassery must be made clear so that other dumbasses who drag race ...and their parents...can learn from it.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on May. 7, 2012 at 3:18 AM
Dumbass along with the 19 year old who hit us Friday night at a complete stop on his motorcycle. Dumbass
Astaroth
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Sweet jesus! Yeah, dumbass.

Quoting Fields456:

Dumbass along with the 19 year old who hit us Friday night at a complete stop on his motorcycle. Dumbass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN