Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you ever been arrested?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:22 AM
  • 67 Replies
Well have you? Why? And how long were you in there?

I ask because there is a girl I went to HS with that always seems to be in jail for one thing or another. I started to think where did life go wrong. None of the women in my family have ever been arrested and only a few men mostly because of being intoxicated and being an idiot but still nothing serious and they were in their a few hrs released and never any more trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CaptainFeast
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Many times as a teen. Defending myself against my abusers. Haven't spent any time in cuffs (well, not when a policeman put them on me--if you know what I mean) since I moved out of that situation.

ETA: Actual consequences? 21 days in Juvie, A crash course in "domestic violence" and "anger management", and 20 hours community service

Astaroth
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM
A few times, yep! I've only done one day in jail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Katie on May. 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM

I have not. I was handcuffed and put into the back of a police car once. It was for a thing we did in high school to raise awareness against drunk driving around prom time. I was the "drunk driver". The officer was being very nice and gentle with me, but it still hurt and was very uncomfortable. I'd hate to know what it would feel like if I were really being arrested! 

That being said, my mom has been in and out of jail several times. Mostly for DUIs and driving on DUI suspended licenses. Once for writing bad checks. My brother has also been in and out of jail several times for theft related charges. My other brother was in jail once for a theft related charge. My family is full of jailbirds, unfortunately. 

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on May. 7, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Nope thank god!
Coca.Cola
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:29 AM
Yes for being drunk in public and causing a disurbance. I was released and charges were dropped when they found out it was autism. Idiot cops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:30 AM

nope never

LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Nope Thank God,I would be sick if I ever had to spend the night in there,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Yes. I stole my mothers car as a teen and almost hit a cop. That's the only time
lovelove211
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Nope never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
standrdeviation
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Nope, never been arrested.  My only run-in with the law was for underage consumption when I was 16.  I think I just had to pay a fine.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)