Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bullied.

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM
  • 14 Replies
Were you bullied? How so?

Have you had to deal with your child(ren) being bullied or actually being a bully themselves?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I was... I got in fights pretty much every day in school. My oldest is about to start school...we taught him how to defend himself so hoping he never has to deal with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM
No, things were different when I was in school, there was no social media and it seemed like bullying wasn't as prevalent as it is today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Nope

dancer
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Iprotected people from bullies in grade school. In high school I was bullied.  My sister told them to pick on someone their own size. She stood up for me.  My son was bullied,the school did nothing!  I am so glad he is done with school!   The district stinks!  They do nothing to protect the kids!    

Sweets27
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Yes, I couldn't look their way or they would call me names. Yell at me in the hallway everyday for about 2 yrs. I finally told my dad and he told me to stand up for myself and I did. I told them I would kick their ass. So that was the last time I allowed anyone to bother me again. I tell my ds the same thing. Don't allow anyone to put him down or put their hands on him. Some kids have tried but he handles it by telling them to stop or telling a teacher immediately. So far we've had no problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Yes I was bullied. I was made fun of mercilessly. I had rocks thrown at me and was even punched in the face on the bus. And the principal told me to grow up when I told on the boy who hit me.  I was 9. 

I have raised my kids that no one is better than anyone else and that they should never make fun of someone. So far they have not.

My son has autism so he happens to be a target. But he's in an awesome school that has zero tolerance for bullying and he has not had any problems so far. Thank God.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I was bullied by two people and looking back if I looked like them I would strike first too......I'm a bully now and so if my kids are bullied I bully the parents. 

cherrywaves21
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I was bullied in my neighborhood ( I was homeschooled from 3rd grade on) I'm bi racial and the white kids would call me a stupid n word and the black kids would call my mother s whore who will fuck any n word. I was hit and verbally attacked for about a year until I started kicking ass. Then the parents wanted to come crying to my mama. She laughed and asked if they wants their asses beat as well ( she went and talked to them repeatedly but said kids will be kids). My son is only 5 months so that's a long way off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2girls89
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Kids are horrible sometimes =( I always wonder if their parents are oblivious or if that's where they learned their horrible behaviour. 

Side note, my youngest DD is 5 months old, when is your son's birthday? =D

Quoting cherrywaves21:

I was bullied in my neighborhood ( I was homeschooled from 3rd grade on) I'm bi racial and the white kids would call me a stupid n word and the black kids would call my mother s whore who will fuck any n word. I was hit and verbally attacked for about a year until I started kicking ass. Then the parents wanted to come crying to my mama. She laughed and asked if they wants their asses beat as well ( she went and talked to them repeatedly but said kids will be kids). My son is only 5 months so that's a long way off.

cherrywaves21
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM
They know and they're to lazy to fix their horrid child or they're in denial because they don't want to believe little Susie sunshine could be that way.

That's why most parents get enraged when the chol being bullied stands up for themselves and their little precious gets hurt. Because its being shoved in their face that yes their child was being a bully. Plus some parents are bullies themselves and see it as survival of the fittest.

He's birthday is dec 4th he was born on his grandmas birthday:). When is your DD's?

Quoting momto2girls89:

Kids are horrible sometimes =( I always wonder if their parents are oblivious or if that's where they learned their horrible behaviour. 

Side note, my youngest DD is 5 months old, when is your son's birthday? =D

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)