Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

day 1 no cigarettes!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM
  • 14 Replies
I know I got a long road to go, but my last cigarette was around 3pm yesterday and I've actually been doing good, I went to smoke this morning after I got my son up for school then remembered I don't have any more!!! My husband is texting me complaining he feels awful and can't focus. Wha wha wha. I'm doing great!!! Haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casanderson1
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Yay! Keep up the good work, it's worth it! I have been cig free for almost 3 years now. :)

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/a_benefits_time_table.html

BraydensMama163
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Whoo!! Congratulations mama. This is my second attempt at trying and I am determined for it to stick this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Yay

melissa632
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Good luck! One of these days, I'll take that step. I'm not quite there yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on May. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't smoke and never have, but here's a tip you might like:

Take the money you would normally spend on cigarettes during the week. Put it in a jar. Once you have reached 6 months or a year use the money to do something special for yourself or for yourself and your DH. Like a spa, clothes, etc, anything you want. You'd be surprised at how fast it adds up.

My mom smokes and spends about 80 dollars a month on her cigarettes.

LizzyPookey1248
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM
I need to quit too but I have like no support. I have a ton of ppl bad mouthing me about smoking but no one to actually help. Does that make sense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Wow that would add up since I spend 5 dollars every day on a pack. Yea I smoke a pack a day...thanks for the idea!!

Quoting carterscutie85:

I don't smoke and never have, but here's a tip you might like:

Take the money you would normally spend on cigarettes during the week. Put it in a jar. Once you have reached 6 months or a year use the money to do something special for yourself or for yourself and your DH. Like a spa, clothes, etc, anything you want. You'd be surprised at how fast it adds up.

My mom smokes and spends about 80 dollars a month on her cigarettes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea I know what you mean, i told.my.mom last time I claimed I was quitting.and she just rolled her eyes.... heffer

Quoting LizzyPookey1248:

I need to quit too but I have like no support. I have a ton of ppl bad mouthing me about smoking but no one to actually help. Does that make sense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nautired
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Yay!! I'm hoping to get my husband to stop but I know he has to want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I went cold turkey after 30 years and my advise is to not focus on it.  You give it power if you talk about it....think about it....etc.  I can't even tell you the day or month I quit.  Just when you crave tell yourself " I am a non smoker" over and over and get up and do something.  If you keep going over and over it you'll give in.  Mind over matter.  No one can help you but yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN