Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ugh! at social services waiting to see a worker :-(for fooks sakes, that was no help at all

Posted by   + Show Post

How the mighty have fallen. I don't make enough to cover all my expenses. Stbx pays for my andriod and suv. Thats why i have internet.
the price you pay for being a single mom by choice i guess is pride. *sigh* have fun, i know you want to...at least im working.

i am kinda pissed off. but not surprised. no help at all to get me through the next week or so. all i need are gas vouchers, that's it, to go back and forth from work, because tips are not reliable, kwim? whatever. *frustrated sigh* i pawned my wedding bands. *look of disbelief in my eyes* at least i am getting my low income & rental supplement at the end of the month. do i need another job? omg my poor kids. this is going to be ok right? girls? omg. i stopped at the food bank and got a hamper before i left town, filled up on gas and grabbed my ds his lunch stuffs from the dollar giant. o.0 i better make really good tips this week.fml.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Sound to me like your using it for what its intended for...a stepping stone. And you're obviously not excited about it. I don't see why anyone would bash you. That's what its there for mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:26 PM

my cctb and ucb are low because we filed and claimed as married, went down as soon as we claimed common law, i have to wait for the paperwork, which i really should get done, to be filed, blah blah blah, it takes forever. i only get about 350/mth because of the x's income. childsupport is as agreed between us, the car payment and insurance in the amount of $550/mth. lord knows if he was always broke when i was paying the household bills, for sure he is broke right now too. no need to add more misery or anger to the fire.

Quoting Liyoness:

Uhhh what?
Aren't you in saskatchewan?
Between child support, child tax benefit, universal child care benefit and child care subsidy while you work, how are you not able to make ends meet?

You can probably even get spousal support!

Liyoness
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:35 PM
It will be retro-active, though, so you'll get a fat cheque when they catch up to the paperwork.
Child care subsidy will cover daycare costs almost immediately- and it goes straight to the caregiver, so most daycares will be fine with taking your kids now.

Did you apply for welfare...?
Can you put things on credit cards until the government catches up with cctb?

Quoting Mrs.VanDeKamp:

my cctb and ucb are low because we filed and claimed as married, went down as soon as we claimed common law, i have to wait for the paperwork, which i really should get done, to be filed, blah blah blah, it takes forever. i only get about 350/mth because of the x's income. childsupport is as agreed between us, the car payment and insurance in the amount of $550/mth. lord knows if he was always broke when i was paying the household bills, for sure he is broke right now too. no need to add more misery or anger to the fire.

Quoting Liyoness:

Uhhh what?
Between child support, child tax benefit, universal child care benefit and child care subsidy while you work, how are you not able to make ends meet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Btw- UCCB is $100 per child, per month until their 6th bday. So there's no way that would be 'low'- it's universal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Quoting momof3_2011:

Been there done that. You will get through this!

This....I seriously do not know how I managed to get through the first 2 years of my separation and divorce.  I have a really good boss who would help me pay for car repairs and summer camp.  Otherwise I think I might have been in a soup kitchen.  It does get better though.

Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM

BUMP!

boysrablessing
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Im on a samsung seek. But I was reading and bf my DS and making breakfast and just read to fast.

Quoting brandyluzdavid:

She said she DID NOT make enough hun... I hate it when I am on my android on here b/c the words are sooo small and it's hard to read sometimes... what kind of mobile device are you on?

Quoting boysrablessing:

If u can cover all ur expenses y are u waiting to see a social worker?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Hugs it will be ok don't feel bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM

you can only get a child care subsidy if you have subsidized day care. and there is none in craik, chamberlain or any of the other small towns.

i will be getting low income supplement and rental comes to $520/mth. i will be fine once that kickes in, i went in to ask for gas vouchers, help with hooking up power and energy, but i think i can manage. we will be fine, tight, but fine.

Quoting Liyoness:

It will be retro-active, though, so you'll get a fat cheque when they catch up to the paperwork.
Child care subsidy will cover daycare costs almost immediately- and it goes straight to the caregiver, so most daycares will be fine with taking your kids now.

Did you apply for welfare...?
Can you put things on credit cards until the government catches up with cctb?

Quoting Mrs.VanDeKamp:

Quoting Liyoness:

Uhhh what?

Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM

i need a sugar daddy. or something....*eyes wild* ....i can sell my soul, who needs a soul?

Quoting mmtosam06:

Hugs it will be ok don't feel bad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)