Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baby shower for 3rd baby..kind of piog

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM
  • 9 Replies
So this is my 3rd baby so I have had a shower with both my kids I had a boy and a girl.so I was thinking since I don't need big stuff hubby and I are buying all that (I gave everything to my nieces mom for her) that maybe we can do like a clothes shower kinda like a diaper shower only with clothes of course no one has to bring anything but we can have fun games and I can buy a bunch of onesie(sp?) and everyone can make one for the baby just a fun day with the girls and kids celebrating our new baby? What do you mamas think or if you have any ideas please share my sil is wanting to throw a baby shower type thing and I thought this is would be fun.
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ATG499
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM
That sounds fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting ATG499:

That sounds fun!

I might do scrap booking but I'll have to see if I can get the nice for a good price
bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I don't know how you could do it without it looking like a gift grab, if you're expecting people to only bring clothes as gifts.  Its tacky to mention gifts on the invitations and to dictate what people should bring.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Do it after baby is born...a welcome party. People will bring gifts for the new baby and get to meet him or her too.

luvmymunchkins3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Quoting bluesky51201:

I don't know how you could do it without it looking like a gift grab, if you're expecting people to only bring clothes as gifts.  Its tacky to mention gifts on the invitations and to dictate what people should bring.

It's no different then a diaper shower.and no one is expected to bring anything but if they like to clothes are what we need not a bunch of useless crap
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I had showers with all three of my kids.  That's just what we do in this family.  Have fun with it, if you don't need the big stuff I would definitely indicate that on the invite in some way though.

luvmymunchkins3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Quoting JulyBabies:

Do it after baby is born...a welcome party. People will bring gifts for the new baby and get to meet him or her too.

We were going to but it's at a really bad time baby is due right be Halloween we have 3 wedding right after baby is born plus holidays and such
luvmymunchkins3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Quoting Dzyre1115:

I had showers with all three of my kids.  That's just what we do in this family.  Have fun with it, if you don't need the big stuff I would definitely indicate that on the invite in some way though.

Ya I have to figure out the wording.i have some clothes for my older kids but they were summer babies this baby is a fall/winter baby so I thought maybe a clothes party was a better idea since its not expensive ya know but no one is expected to bring anything
GomezMami2908
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Sounds like fun. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)