Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A little freaked out...

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

For the past 5 days I have been having lots of uterine-area cramping. I ovulated last week, and AF isnt due til the 17th ish. So this morning I went to my OB/GYN to let her check me for a uti/bladder infection. She told me there is no evidence of any kind of infection, but she would send me for a pelvic & TV ultrasound to see if I had a cyst that might have burst or something. 

So I go to get the u/s. It took all of 5 minutes. The tech was very 'efficient'. So she tells me I'm done and I can get dressed and she will show me out. I get dressed and peek at the screen of the machine and all I see in big block letters is "Long Uterine Mass Trans 1". When I left the room the tech told me I was done and I could go home. I left the back and asked the receptionist if the doctor would call me back and she said my personal doc would call me with the results. 

I am a natural born stresser-outer, and I am kinda freaked out about those words. Im no doctor, or u/s tech, but I cant figure out why those words would be on the screen? 

Any insight?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheBrewCrew6
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe try googling it?

TheBrewCrew6
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM
I did. Google says I have cancer. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by faith on May. 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd call the doctors office and ask specifically for the doctor or the nurse. Let them know exactly what you told us here. Plead if need be that they call where the ultrasound was done and talk to whomever does the readings,as soon as possible and call you back.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I totally agree! I would not want to sit and stress, apply some pressure you might get answers.

Quoting cjsix:

I'd call the doctors office and ask specifically for the doctor or the nurse. Let them know exactly what you told us here. Plead if need be that they call where the ultrasound was done and talk to whomever does the readings,as soon as possible and call you back.

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM
It could have been a abbreviation for the shot they were taking with us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaboudreaux
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM

This!

Quoting cjsix:

TheBrewCrew6
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Turns out its a very large ovarian cyst that burst and twisted my ovary when it did. Currently waiting at the hospital for surgery to repair the damage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenny7800
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

good luck!  i hope everything turns out!!  just stay positive!

cjsix
by faith on May. 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TheBrewCrew6:

Turns out its a very large ovarian cyst that burst and twisted my ovary when it did. Currently waiting at the hospital for surgery to repair the damage.

Oh,Momma...I hope once the surgery is done you feel better. hugging

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)