Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wrong or ok?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:44 PM
  • 171 Replies
My 6yo dd is sick and feverish...we finally had a nice sunny day so the ice cream truck was out and about.

They had icecream truck money they hadent spent yet, mostly because it hasnt been nice weather for it.

Anyway, we hear the truck and my dh grabs their money as the kids go flag down the truck. So my oldest, has been hot then cold, so she wasnt wearing a shirt, but we didnt have time to cover her up.

She isnt developing at all, and my dh said some mom was giving him the stink eye and made a comment, and that some boys told her she has nipples (but the biys do too, so who cares)

My dh is making a huge deal about, I dont think its a big deal...what do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:46 PM
28 moms liked this
I think she's too old to be out in public without a shirt on unless she's fleeing a burning house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't want my sick child outside topless, but whatever, she is your child, I wouldn't say it us "wrong", it just isn't something I would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:48 PM

IDK I prob wouldn't have had her out without a shirt my DS doesn't even do that but, if I saw some one's DD with no shirt I deff wouldn't have said anything it's your child so it's your choice.

JADIEBUG
1 mom liked this

Agreed. Plus if she is sick she just exposed whoever was near her with whatever she has. I hope she didn't touch the truck or anywhere on the truck.

Quoting anotherhalf:

I think she's too old to be out in public without a shirt on unless she's fleeing a burning house.

AF2011
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's a little too old to not have a shirt on when she's outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
I don't know. I don't see how it's wrong, but, I know how society does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I personally wouldnt do it but also wouldnt judge another family for allowing all their children to go topless in warm spring and summer days.  Over in europe everyone goes topless no matter the age, gender, fitness level.  I bought DD dresses just for this purpose.   Our ice cream truck treats the street as a raceway though by time you hear them, they are gone.

PEEK05
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Same

Quoting anotherhalf:

Aspiemom0203
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM
6 moms liked this
She's 6! Lady needs to get over it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM
5 moms liked this
Waaaay too old to be topless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)