Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Frustrated!!!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM
  • 19 Replies

Ok i need some advice here....i had my baby the 3rd at 36 weeks. Friday he was put under the bili lights because his levels were at 10, by 530am Saturday they were down to 8.9 so we were allowed to come home. They wanted us back at the peds office Sunday, and the levels were back up to 13...so they wanted me back today and his levels are up to 14...im getting frustrated because i dont know what to do. He's bf'ing 10+ times a day, peeing and pooping like he's supposed to, hell he gained 3oz from yesterday to today. And i live in WA so sun is rare here, so i cant exactly use the sun to reduce his levels. Any advice or anything? Has anyone been in a similar situation, how did you deal with it?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM
The only thing I've been told was Sun so...I'm no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I am in SW wash state and this whole week is sunny.  Get him out as much as possible!.  Maybe see if insurance would cover having a lamp at home for a week or 2.

missamanda86
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Its supposed to be awesome here this week (i hope lol) and he's sitting in the sunny window right now, so im doing it as much as i can lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

I am in SW wash state and this whole week is sunny.  Get him out as much as possible!.  Maybe see if insurance would cover having a lamp at home for a week or 2.

mamabirch88
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Can they not give you a lamp set to take home? My godson had similar issues and they gave my BFF this like light wrap thing to put him in for a few hours each day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Im not sure if they're that worried yet, because everytime we do a stick and it comes back high they just say they're 'monitoring' it...so im not really sure what to think

Quoting mamabirch88:

Can they not give you a lamp set to take home? My godson had similar issues and they gave my BFF this like light wrap thing to put him in for a few hours each day.

Whisper85
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM

You're doing what you can, is he really sleepy? If so try to encourage him to stay awake longer.... We battled that with my youngest, babies that are nursing sometimes have it longer. I hope you get some sun soon :)

JessyP112111
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:05 PM
My first son was sent home with a light that we had to keep on him. I live in AR so I don't know if they do that here you live
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Why dont they give you one of those lamps to take home?? I would ask for one if I were you

missamanda86
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:07 PM

He sleeps alot, but he eats alot too lol...seems like everytime he eats he goes to sleep (after pooing of course lmao)

Quoting Whisper85:

You're doing what you can, is he really sleepy? If so try to encourage him to stay awake longer.... We battled that with my youngest, babies that are nursing sometimes have it longer. I hope you get some sun soon :)

PinkyPan
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Have you thought about a biliblanket? This is what my niece used for her baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)