Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Out of Control Teens

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: Who's fault is it when they have an out of controlled teen?

Options:

parents

society

parents and society

teens

depends on the situation

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 60

View Results

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

bump

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

bump

FL2AK
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Part parent and part the teen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Bump. I voted depends, its too vague to be sure for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SkulkyGirl
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Define "out of control teen." 

tennisgal
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this

You can't always blame the parents, which is what we usually want to do, but there are plenty of parents who are being good parents and still the kids turn out less than stellar. There are outside influences and kids eventually make their own decisions. 

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

steal, break curfew numerous times a week-if they even show up at home for the week, physically abusive toward family or others, don't show up at school, does lots of drug activity, disrespectul toward parent most all the time---does not have to be all at once but can be or can not be

Quoting SkulkyGirl:

SkulkyGirl
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Quoting lifeisajoy:

steal, break curfew numerous times a week-if they even show up at home for the week, physically abusive toward family or others, don't show up at school, does lots of drug activity, disrespectul toward parent most all the time---does not have to be all at once but can be or can not be

Quoting SkulkyGirl:

wow! and I have been annoyed at my teens! Who is at fault? Hard to say! Are the parents disrespectful toward the teens? That is often where they learn those behaviors. I can't imagine. I am a really easy going parent and all my kids do is a little weed. 

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM

What if the parent was not disrespectful--then whos fault?

Quoting SkulkyGirl:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting SkulkyGirl:

wow! and I have been annoyed at my teens! Who is at fault? Hard to say! Are the parents disrespectful toward the teens? That is often where they learn those behaviors. I can't imagine. I am a really easy going parent and all my kids do is a little weed. 

SkulkyGirl
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting lifeisajoy:

What if the parent was not disrespectful--then whos fault?

Quoting SkulkyGirl:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting SkulkyGirl:

I don't know. I would tell the teen to move out, that is what I would do. But first, I would really try to get some good commication going, try to understand what they are thinking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)