Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Stop complaining to me about her!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 75 Replies

I have a very good friend whom I have known for several years, who is on a reality tv show. (I will not say who or what show).  I do not tell people I am friends with her that do not already know because really there is no need...do you tell your friends about all of your other friends for no reason? of course not.  However the  people who do know of my friendhsip with her and her family ( i have known her well over 10 years)....those that do are always asking me questions or making comments about her to me.  It's really pretty annoying.  Do they really think I am going to answer ridiculous questions or devuldge information on her private life??? Not happening! You don't do that to friends.  Also those who dislike her feel the need to tell me their feelings on her (without them even knowing her!)....do you really expect me to sit their and listen to you bash my friend and her family when you do not even know them? I always change the subject and make it clear the conversation is not appropriate.  Reality TV is not all reality trust me....about 50% or less of what you see is actuality, and editing does wonders. 

Worse off is people just do not now how to act! When this friend came with her kids to my son's birthday party...the moms of other children there who I don't really know that well like huddled in a corner and pointed and whispered. Grow up! She is a human being and not for nothing she's not angelina Jolie or somthing! Then next time I saw these moms it was like , here come the question "you know her? how do you know her? Is this true> is that true? blah blah blah"  I'm not going to not invite a great friend to things because other people don't know how to act like adults, and on the same token my friend shouldn't have to made uncomfortable.  Maybe I just see her as being the girl I have known for so long and don't get the fascination, I don't know.  But I think it just also comes down to being respectful.  Sure she puts her life out there so people will make judgement and comments..it's expected...but why do I have to hear about it?

and BTW this isn't a "brag" post like ohhhhh I know someone on tv.  Trust me.  It's just another example of how annoying woman can be! lol

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShellGardner
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

you expect any less? Now I totally just wanna know who it is LOL 

PinkHairMAMA
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I'm sorry, other people can be so catty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChloeDolce
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I guess I do expect it to an extent but when people are saying negative things (and its not always negative but women are like that so more often then not its not pleasant) I'm just like "You know her personally?" and they say no, I'm like oook then you probably shouldn't talk to me about this.  Some of the questions I'm asked are just ridiculous too.  And...I'm not telling who sorry lol

Quoting ShellGardner:

lovelove211
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM
4 moms liked this
If she is going to put herself on a reality tv show what else does she expect? Just tell your friends plain an simple that you don't wanna talk about her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlsc85
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Quoting ShellGardner:

2lilboysmommyR
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Suuure. You know you can't post stuff like this on here, If you're not going to show some proof it is considered bs imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Thats what happens when people put their lives on camaras for all to view. They know what its about before hand. Yes, they do edit but its what they signed up for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
velvetkitty
2 moms liked this

I have no advice for you, except for keep doing what you are doing.  You are being a great friend by having her back like that, and not getting involved. :)

ChloeDolce

She is pretty much used to it..it's me(and other mutual friends) that find it annoying lol.  Other people or friends that do not know her but watch her show will be like OMG I can't beleive this, or I read this and that, or ask me about something they saw or read or heard.  And I do just what you say I just shake my head and say I'm not talking about this.  But of course I know the real her and as a friend I'm going to defend her so of cousre, it's going to get annoying ya know.

Quoting lovelove211:

If she is going to put herself on a reality tv show what else does she expect? Just tell your friends plain an simple that you don't wanna talk about her

breezymomma92
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Ugh, this sucks. I wanna know! Atleast the name of the show? We dont need to know her name. (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)