Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Researching my family tree, and what I found!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM
  • 42 Replies
2 moms liked this

A few days ago, me and dh decided to track down our family trees, we are not related...lol. We joined ancestry.com and started. We have been soooo into it we have stayed up late researching. I found some cool stuff. Tonight though, I came across a letter about my 6 time great grandfather, his mother was freaking POCAHONTAS!!!!!!  I had a pen in my mouth and I spit it across the room! I cant believe it! Why didnt my family know this??? I went back and doubled checked and its right!

Here she is. Her English name was Rebecca Rolfe and this is her son Thomas Rolfe! Wow. I knew I had Indian in me, but not on that side of the family I was researching! The son also married an Indian chiefs daughter! I cant believe it!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlover2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Very cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SugarFoot84
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:27 AM
2 moms liked this

mamajmm81
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:27 AM
That is cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:28 AM
Sweet! How fun. I want to do that for my children. My mother claims to have done it already but I have yet to see evidence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SugarFoot84
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting jshalas89:

Sweet! How fun. I want to do that for my children. My mother claims to have done it already but I have yet to see evidence.

I told my dd who is 5 that Pochontas is her 8x great grandmother and said, " Yeah, right mom." Like Im crazy...lol.

nellierice
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

That is WAY cool. I've searched my family and have gone quite a ways back...like...really far. But nobody famous.

mommy2tyana
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM
I tried to look up my family history but i didn't have the time or patience to sit down and really do it :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taina361
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:31 AM

awesome makes me want to do it too

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Now I must check out my ancestry! lol

kiowaqueen
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Awesome !!! i wanna learn/do that i dont know how mine would really work my dad is full blooded kiowa indian idk kwim... anyway neat find OP !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN