Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

That was freaky!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:40 AM
  • 35 Replies
My little bro and his friend have whined about hearing wind chimes but not exactly wind chime like sound at night at my house. I have no chimes and no super close neighbors. So DH and I are sitting outside and I hear this ringing sound but it doesn't sound like chimes more like a chain on a flag pole or something but its constant and consistent, fading every now and then. So I say, "wow that's weird, do you hear that?" DH says, "Uh, yeah its loud, I have no idea what that is". He gets up and it stops. He walked around in the yard and nothing. No sound other than the norm. Umm...wth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stockuponlove
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Eeeeek. I hate creepy stuff like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shayleo1
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Stuff like that creeps me out. You are more brave than me cause i would have went in the house and made sure all doors and windows were locked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Wind chimes scare the hell outta me at night for some reason..That sound would too! Specially since it stopped when your dh got up! Yikes! Do yall have a metal fence around there anywhere?

nicole6870
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Yeah, i'm sitting on my porch still. I love my house bc it's the first place that's never creeped me out...except outside on occassion. Even DH isn't doing his normal and making fun of me. He just says, "whatever it is it's not gonna hurt you". I sit outside at weird hours all the time and i've never heard that. I just wish I knew what it was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Lol me too. Even though I am pretty sure locked windows and doors wouldn't matter. But I would still do it. And sleep with a knife. Just sayin

Quoting shayleo1:

Stuff like that creeps me out. You are more brave than me cause i would have went in the house and made sure all doors and windows were locked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole6870
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM
I have a chain link fence on one side, so I thought it wasI the goat but she's asleep on the table in her "pen".

Quoting SOCO101:

Wind chimes scare the hell outta me at night for some reason..That sound would too! Specially since it stopped when your dh got up! Yikes! Do yall have a metal fence around there anywhere?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole6870
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Lol. I have enough guns if its alive and it comes in it wont be for long! Ooh! I need to check my back door when I go in. It wasn't a scary sound but there's nothing around that I can think of to make it. And it's not even windy. It's actually very still tonight.

Quoting stockuponlove:

Lol me too. Even though I am pretty sure locked windows and doors wouldn't matter. But I would still do it. And sleep with a knife. Just sayin

Quoting shayleo1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:50 AM

We get random screams out here.  Like someone is dying.

I have no idea if its a wife/kid beating situation or ghosts from the indian wars out here.

SOCO101
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Quoting nicole6870:

I have a chain link fence on one side, so I thought it wasI the goat but she's asleep on the table in her "pen".

Quoting SOCO101:

I bet there's something hitting the fence. Maybe a low hanging limb, or something like a leash that the kiddos might have put on there. 

I've noticed at night, sounds travel farther and clearer. So it probably sounds louder at night. Still creepy as hell tho!

SOCO101
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Quoting grey7399:

We get random screams out here.  Like someone is dying.

I have no idea if its a wife/kid beating situation or ghosts from the indian wars out here.

Bobcats and mountain lions sound like a woman screaming. Could it be that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN