Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If he loses his job....I'm packing our s*** UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
So last night SO drank, staying up pretty late knowing he had to get up at 4 am. Which normally for him is no problem......Well his boss has called 3-4 times, he ignored the call, he left a voicemail...how fucking hard is it to listen to a voicemail....then showed up knocking on the door. I told SO "GET UP!!!! You're gonna get fuckin fired" I get a response of " No I'm not go to sleep"

I'm pregnant & always fuckin tired if I can jump up after an hour of sleep to pack his bag (they were suppose to be working out of town) then someone is is used to getting little sleep can do the same.....

I swear he's fired...why wouldnt he be? And if thats the case Im packing all of our shit (its all mine anyway) & leaving, bcuz all this could be avoided had he woken up like a grown man.

Update: Ok so I was obviously venting & upset. I didn't just pack our shit & leave & couldn't do that to him anyway. I was just upset & needed to bitch it out. I love him very much & even though our child was NOT planned it has changed him for the better.

I've been ill with him lately bcuz he's been drinking a lot & then complaining of not having any money. But I sat there & thought about it this morning & he had a major meltdown around this time last year. His sister ALWAYS does, the past few years have been better but before she checked herself into the aurora a lot. I remember going over & laying in bed with her all day until her husband came home, just so she wasn't alone. I am compassionate, believe me. I didn't even know his other sister & cried like a baby at her funeral. STILL cry thinking of what it must be like for them, how she won't be here to see his first child....its upsetting. I realize he's going through something...she died 5 yrs ago on May 22nd. I guess bcuz I've never had an addiction its hard for me to understand him dealing by drinking when he has a family....His way of dealing for a few years? Doing all kinds of drugs, he's clean now & thankfully away from the area he was doing all that in. He was clean when I met him. I just get over emotional & upset at things. I don't want to be thrown into a situation where me, him, dd & our newborn are stuck at my parents for them to take care of us while he searches for a job....

Oh & apparently the voicemail said that he didn't have to go in today if he didn't need the hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Thats what I dont get...hes answered before & asked if they could leave later & bossman says yes...why not just do that? Plus this will be about a weeks pay lost...i doubt his boss turned around & went home

Quoting epoh:

It could be that, could be the long work weeks. That can all take a strain on a person.

I'd try to talk to him first and get some understanding as to what's going on. Everyone needs a mental health day, but he should have called his boss and let him know.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Idk im just really upset...all I can think is our son is due in 5-6wks & what are we gonna do if he gets fired? His boss has taken back one worker after repeatedly firing him but makes him start at minimum wage....we cant do minimum wage right now. But bossman can be an asshole too.

Maybe it was bcuz he was talking about his sister alot last night? The anniversary of her death is coming up & it can fuck him & his other sister up pretty bad....idk

Quoting epoh:

If he's never like this then I wouldn't pack up and leave. I think that's a bit premature. Perhaps he has something going on he doesn't want to talk to you about. You yourself said his boss is down to earth so I don't think packing everything this moment will be beneficial.

I can understand leaving for a day or two and letting him know why and that this behavior is not going to fly with you. I'd be pissed too.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

I didnt answer the door....bcuz his boss can be pretty down to earth so I figured he might tell him his phone died or something & keep his job...idk

Hes NEVER like this, no matter what he always jumps up & goes to work, hes a great worker...idk wtf his problem is....I'm waiting for my parents to wake up & probably going there

Quoting Justine1123:

Why didn't you answer the door? Did you just ignore his boss? I don't think I'd stay with someone that wasn't responsible enough to get up for work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM
I think you need to have a calm conversation and find out the answers to your questions before you react.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Thats what I dont get...hes answered before & asked if they could leave later & bossman says yes...why not just do that? Plus this will be about a weeks pay lost...i doubt his boss turned around & went home

Quoting epoh:

It could be that, could be the long work weeks. That can all take a strain on a person.

I'd try to talk to him first and get some understanding as to what's going on. Everyone needs a mental health day, but he should have called his boss and let him know.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Idk im just really upset...all I can think is our son is due in 5-6wks & what are we gonna do if he gets fired? His boss has taken back one worker after repeatedly firing him but makes him start at minimum wage....we cant do minimum wage right now. But bossman can be an asshole too.

Maybe it was bcuz he was talking about his sister alot last night? The anniversary of her death is coming up & it can fuck him & his other sister up pretty bad....idk

Quoting epoh:

If he's never like this then I wouldn't pack up and leave. I think that's a bit premature. Perhaps he has something going on he doesn't want to talk to you about. You yourself said his boss is down to earth so I don't think packing everything this moment will be beneficial.

I can understand leaving for a day or two and letting him know why and that this behavior is not going to fly with you. I'd be pissed too.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

I didnt answer the door....bcuz his boss can be pretty down to earth so I figured he might tell him his phone died or something & keep his job...idk

Hes NEVER like this, no matter what he always jumps up & goes to work, hes a great worker...idk wtf his problem is....I'm waiting for my parents to wake up & probably going there

Quoting Justine1123:

Why didn't you answer the door? Did you just ignore his boss? I don't think I'd stay with someone that wasn't responsible enough to get up for work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Probably but im so stressed I cant sleep(i sleot about an hour before his alarm went off) & now I just feel sick =/

Quoting epoh:

I think you need to have a calm conversation and find out the answers to your questions before you react.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting Justine1123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:24 AM
If I stop replying its bcuz my phone died & only the car charger works on it now =/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Completely understandable. You're hormonal and he is not being responsible. Go take a hot shower and have a cup of tea to calm yourself. Take a walk and sort through your thoughts. Getting angry wont help either of you and you won't get the answers you want from him if you're aggressive when you address the problem.

You have every right to be angry but try to keep the anger in check for a while. Just breathe. *hugs*

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Probably but im so stressed I cant sleep(i sleot about an hour before his alarm went off) & now I just feel sick =/

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting Justine1123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MotherOF5Cuties
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Men are so lazy sometimes.i hope he didn't get fired..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

This is very sound advice.

Quoting epoh:

Completely understandable. You're hormonal and he is not being responsible. Go take a hot shower and have a cup of tea to calm yourself. Take a walk and sort through your thoughts. Getting angry wont help either of you and you won't get the answers you want from him if you're aggressive when you address the problem.

You have every right to be angry but try to keep the anger in check for a while. Just breathe. *hugs*

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting Justine1123:

epoh
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I wish I could take the advice I give. ;) I'm terrible with that.

Quoting PinkyPan:

This is very sound advice.

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting Justine1123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Quoting Justine1123:

I agree. 

Visit us at True Friends Cafe

OceanGoddess
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:40 AM
Not good! Even if he normally doesn't do this.. My hubby works 7 days a week almost every week too. But if he can't answer the phone or door, then it sounds like he is to immature to face it and take responsibility for his actions. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN