Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If he loses his job....I'm packing our s*** UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
So last night SO drank, staying up pretty late knowing he had to get up at 4 am. Which normally for him is no problem......Well his boss has called 3-4 times, he ignored the call, he left a voicemail...how fucking hard is it to listen to a voicemail....then showed up knocking on the door. I told SO "GET UP!!!! You're gonna get fuckin fired" I get a response of " No I'm not go to sleep"

I'm pregnant & always fuckin tired if I can jump up after an hour of sleep to pack his bag (they were suppose to be working out of town) then someone is is used to getting little sleep can do the same.....

I swear he's fired...why wouldnt he be? And if thats the case Im packing all of our shit (its all mine anyway) & leaving, bcuz all this could be avoided had he woken up like a grown man.

Update: Ok so I was obviously venting & upset. I didn't just pack our shit & leave & couldn't do that to him anyway. I was just upset & needed to bitch it out. I love him very much & even though our child was NOT planned it has changed him for the better.

I've been ill with him lately bcuz he's been drinking a lot & then complaining of not having any money. But I sat there & thought about it this morning & he had a major meltdown around this time last year. His sister ALWAYS does, the past few years have been better but before she checked herself into the aurora a lot. I remember going over & laying in bed with her all day until her husband came home, just so she wasn't alone. I am compassionate, believe me. I didn't even know his other sister & cried like a baby at her funeral. STILL cry thinking of what it must be like for them, how she won't be here to see his first child....its upsetting. I realize he's going through something...she died 5 yrs ago on May 22nd. I guess bcuz I've never had an addiction its hard for me to understand him dealing by drinking when he has a family....His way of dealing for a few years? Doing all kinds of drugs, he's clean now & thankfully away from the area he was doing all that in. He was clean when I met him. I just get over emotional & upset at things. I don't want to be thrown into a situation where me, him, dd & our newborn are stuck at my parents for them to take care of us while he searches for a job....

Oh & apparently the voicemail said that he didn't have to go in today if he didn't need the hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Replies (41-50):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:58 AM
I'm not sure I'm understanding...he works hard 7 days a week, is sore and tired and because he was irresponsible for ONE day, you're ready to leave him?

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

SO normally works 7 days a week, almost every week, hes always sore & tired....but he ALWAYS goes to work...idk what his problem is this morning

Quoting Candymonster:

Immature :/ my so has to get up at 5am everyday to work a brutal job he's not use to. He works 55 hours a week minimum, gets only a day of, and is always sore when he comes home. He wants to quit so bad, but he stays for our LO on the way.

Hope your hubble shapes up quick. Sorry for your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:59 AM
I used to be with someone similar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM

seriously? He tells you that to "keep you in line" 

That seems incredibly immature! 

Quoting SOCO101:

I would too...well I say that. 

Last week, dh and me got in an agument. To make a long story short, he said he wasn't going to work the next day so he'd get fired. That's the kinda shit he pulls "to keep me in line". UGH! Sorry for the rant. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
Livinwith3boys
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM

So funny, the plumer was JUST here, but he was fixing the faucet in the kid's bathroom, no meltdown, just fixed the problem :) You are confused, when I have a problem, I fix it, when OP has a problem, she runs away back to mommy's house to avoid dealing with it (obviously, that is my assumption by reading what she has written so far.) If being responsible makes me judgemental and miserable, so be it, but I am pretty happy being who I am :) I just can't stand seeing others make bad choices, and then wonder why they are in bad sitations!!

Quoting kagegirl:

As opposed to the miserable old bag that YOU are right now at this moment? And don't try to tell me you aren't. You are extremely judgemental and meanspirited. That does not come from being happy in one's life. And how dare you tell her these things. You seriously need a reality check sweetheart. But, hey, go ahead and have your perfect "Duck in a row" existance where everything is planned ahead of time, all details are attended to and there is no room for improvisation and surprises. You must have a major melt down when the toilet backs up!

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

Sorry, I would have been responsible enough to have a job and savings before getting preg....but good luck..Also, just b/c your ex did it, doesn't mean this one will, and if you leave every guy you are with when things get hard, you are going to be one lonely old bag with a million baby daddies in 20 years :)

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

1. My dd was at my moms for the night

2. Bcuz I didnt know what to tell him & SO told me to sit down & stop moving (Im guessing so he didnt hear me) & he can deal with him better than me

3. Bcuz my ex lost his job 3 wks after dd was born & it was pure hell. And PLEASE,by all means, when you find someone who will hire a pregnant woman(around here) who is just a month away from her due date & will have to be out 6-8 wks a month in, plus would need light duty as she keeps havibg contractions & dr suggests she takes it easy, then please direct me towards that job

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

If he is so relieable, 1 I'd love to know where your daughter was while he was getting drunk all night, 2 I'd love to know why you didn't just tell his boss something was wrong, and 3 why would you leave him over one mistake?!?!?! That seems premature, and it wouldn't be HIS fault, not to mention you living at your parents is only a temporary fix, why not stay, and YOU get a job, or help him find another job?!?!!

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Uhm I said normally it is no problem for him to eake up after staying up so late, drinking or not. And maybe know the facts before jumping to conclusions...i was on birth control when I got pregnant.

He doesnt always do this he ALWAYS goes to work. And its gonna be his fault its a split household bcuz where the fuck are we gonna live if he gets fired? I can go to my parents but after this bs...he sure cant

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

Why would you have a kid by a man like that?!?!? You allow that to happen (since you said normally it is no problem, I assume he does it more than this one time) Also, why make your child grow up in a split household just because he got fired for doing something he always does???

SeamusNBaby
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this

You said it's the anniversary of his sister's death? Were they close? Could he be going through alot of personal hellright now?

It's hard on men too sometimes. We like to think they are our rock, but they are human too. He could be overwhelmed at working such long hours, financial stress, the stress of his sister's passing, a new baby on the way....there are so many factors. If he is sinking into depression, you should try to help him and understand, not run off to your parents house. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant, and I know what it's liketobe hormonal. Don't make rash decisions in the moment you may regret later. Wait until he wakes up and have a rational discussion with him. If you loved him enough to make a baby with him, you should love him enough to hear him out.

calcalmommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
What ever happened to "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer"?
Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I'm sorry but this is what I am thinking.  You seem incredibly immature to me.  Also someone else mentioned the anniversary of his sisters death?  Which to me says he's going through something.  Cold.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I'm not sure I'm understanding...he works hard 7 days a week, is sore and tired and because he was irresponsible for ONE day, you're ready to leave him?

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

SO normally works 7 days a week, almost every week, hes always sore & tired....but he ALWAYS goes to work...idk what his problem is this morning

Quoting Candymonster:

Immature :/ my so has to get up at 5am everyday to work a brutal job he's not use to. He works 55 hours a week minimum, gets only a day of, and is always sore when he comes home. He wants to quit so bad, but he stays for our LO on the way.

Hope your hubble shapes up quick. Sorry for your situation.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    • He works seven days a week which means that he does not get a day off
    • He was up late last night
    • He was drinking last night
    • The anniversary of his sisters death is coming up

Let him sleep and when he gets up have him call his boss and let him know that he was sick and unable to go into work. After he calls him sit down with him and talk to him. Maybe he just needs sleep and someone to talk to when he wakes up. No, do not pack your bags and leave to your parents house. 

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Idk im just really upset...all I can think is our son is due in 5-6wks & what are we gonna do if he gets fired? His boss has taken back one worker after repeatedly firing him but makes him start at minimum wage....we cant do minimum wage right now. But bossman can be an asshole too.

Maybe it was bcuz he was talking about his sister alot last night? The anniversary of her death is coming up & it can fuck him & his other sister up pretty bad....idk

Quoting epoh:

If he's never like this then I wouldn't pack up and leave. I think that's a bit premature. Perhaps he has something going on he doesn't want to talk to you about. You yourself said his boss is down to earth so I don't think packing everything this moment will be beneficial.

I can understand leaving for a day or two and letting him know why and that this behavior is not going to fly with you. I'd be pissed too.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

I didnt answer the door....bcuz his boss can be pretty down to earth so I figured he might tell him his phone died or something & keep his job...idk

Hes NEVER like this, no matter what he always jumps up & goes to work, hes a great worker...idk wtf his problem is....I'm waiting for my parents to wake up & probably going there

Quoting Justine1123:

Why didn't you answer the door? Did you just ignore his boss? I don't think I'd stay with someone that wasn't responsible enough to get up for work.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hid sister"s anniversary is coming up. He works 7 days a week. He was up late and drinking, maybe due to how he feels.

What is wrong with you? Instead of having sone compassion for him and how he feels, you are going to run to your mommy instead of sticking by him to help and support him? grow up and get over yourself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Sorry I was with you till you said 1.) he works 7 days a week and is sore and tired and 2.) It's the anniversary of his sister's death coming up. Have you ever lost someone close to you?? I have and it's the hardest thing ever to go through. It's only been 3 years since my grandma passed away and it's still incredibly hard when that anniversary comes around. I get depressed and just cry and lay in bed. Sorry but you seem pretty heartless for wanting to run away instead of being there for your DH. I'm sure if he explains to his boss what is going on he won't get fired. Sounds like he is a hard worker and a good worker.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN