Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anybody up? Im in hospital and need distraction. Im drugged and lonely. O

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:05 AM
  • 25 Replies
I just had a hysterectomy at 10am yesterday, its 3:51am today for me down. I was not expecting it to be as painful as it has been. My time in the recovery room was extra long because i apparently stppped breathing a couple times with the I.V. Pain meds. They have me on some oral med now. The gas pain has been the worst. I cried all day long yesterday. And i never show pain, or any emotion for that matter, in front of people. I.still have a urinary cath in but i took a very short walk. Its suppose to help get the gas out but when i stood up i.could feel everything push down onto the incision of where my cervix used to be. I had a high pain med thrushold so controling my meds have been a problem. I take vicoden.for my.back and even though i only take 1 1/2 in a 24 if i need it, they say its affecting my tolerance a little. I used to think i had a high pain tolerance and even though the nurses say im doing better than most patience, i still feel embarrased for all the crying ive done. I cant wait to get home where dh can take care of me. I miss him tonight.
Sorry this is so long and for the spelling, grammer and puncuation errors. Its been a long day and i cant wear my glasses with the oxygen tubes. Oh and i appologize if i fal asleep after posting this. I hope im just pulling a drunk dial, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

awww, I hope you feel better soon...just think!!! No more Aunt Flo!!!

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh hun, I am sorry you are in pain:(

Try to take calming breaths and never be embarrassed, surgery is painful. Don't worry about that just worry about taking care of yourself.

Hugs mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs! I had a hysterectomy almost two weeks ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Hang in there. I hope you recovery quickly and are pain free real soon. Hugs.

fwkitten1981
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM

That is awful! I hope you feel better. My mom had a hysterectomy at age 32 due to endometriosis. I remember going into her room and noticing that her cath bag had green fluid. I yelled "Mom pees green now?!". I was only 12 at the time. Mom wast amused. Dad was sitting next to her pushing the morphine clicker every chance he was allowed to. 

epoh
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Huge HUGS! I hope you feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
aw! *hug* feel better soon!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiowaqueen
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
feel better soon !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama... I hope you're off in dream land soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicmain
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Thanks ladies. Nurse just came in and even though im due for pain meds she.wont give them.cuz my.blood pressure.is to low. 77/58. Arg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)