Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dressing PreSchoolers like Mini Adults..

Posted by   + Show Post

Agree or disagree?  SOME of the clothes for little kids just looks really whorish...no i am not saying all adult clothes are whorish...just SOME of the stuff out there for kids...

by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 8, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Do you know what "whore" means?? Maybe she should choose better words if that isn't what she meant. That is MY point.

Quoting embersparkle:

You are completely missing her point...she didn't say anything about the way adults dressing indicating how much they like too have sex or how much they have sex...she is saying some little girl clothes are too adult. You have gone off on a tangent.

Quoting LoriLou75:

I think it is inappropriate, at any age. I dint think it is an indicator of how much she likes, or has sex! Especially on a child! Do women even think before saying things that hurt women? We should!

Quoting emmy526:

well,  what would you think about a 3-4yr old in a halter top with no strings to tie it shut, and wearing a tiny pair of shorts that say "juicy" on her bottom?  

Quoting LoriLou75:

Really! Now we are using these misogynistic antiquated terms for preschool girls! Dress your children according to what YOU think is appropriate and don't pit sexual labels on others children. Wtf!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Emmy on May. 8, 2012 at 8:27 AM

well, thats different...suppose a family member gave her some clothing you thought was inappropriate? what would you do?   that happened to me, and i let her wear it around the house for play, but not in public

Quoting teaching_mama:

Well it sounds like it probably was too small then. Too small clothing is inappropriate no matter the clothing style. My dds halter top fit fine so it looked fine.

Quoting emmy526:

well, to me, it looked like the top was 3 sizes too small...it was gouging into her skin from being tight

Quoting teaching_mama:

How would it have no strings to tie it closed with? I've put my now 4 year old in a halter before and she was fully covered and looked fine. I would not put her in shorts that say juicy mainly because I just don't like clothing with writing on it.

Quoting emmy526:

well,  what would you think about a 3-4yr old in a halter top with no strings to tie it shut, and wearing a tiny pair of shorts that say "juicy" on her bottom?  

Quoting LoriLou75:

Really! Now we are using these misogynistic antiquated terms for preschool girls! Dress your children according to what YOU think is appropriate and don't pit sexual labels on others children. Wtf!

vinalex0581
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:28 AM

i think it's totally un-classy and it's setting them up to learn how to be a prostitute for when they get older. look at that one show......what's it called? Tiny Tiaras? idk.....the one that's on the TLC channel. I don't watch it but I saw previews for it before. I think what those moms get their pre-schoolers or kindergartners to do it degrading. 

teaching_mama
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM
I would either not accept the clothing to begin with or I'd just take it to goodwill or something. Luckily my family all has fairly good taste and judgement in clothing so we don't really have to worry about that.

Quoting emmy526:

well, thats different...suppose a family member gave her some clothing you thought was inappropriate? what would you do?   that happened to me, and i let her wear it around the house for play, but not in public

Quoting teaching_mama:

Well it sounds like it probably was too small then. Too small clothing is inappropriate no matter the clothing style. My dds halter top fit fine so it looked fine.

Quoting emmy526:

well, to me, it looked like the top was 3 sizes too small...it was gouging into her skin from being tight

Quoting teaching_mama:

How would it have no strings to tie it closed with? I've put my now 4 year old in a halter before and she was fully covered and looked fine. I would not put her in shorts that say juicy mainly because I just don't like clothing with writing on it.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting LoriLou75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Yup.

Also depends on where you shop for your kids.

Quoting christina0607:

I've always dressed my kids in clothes that I would wear. I don't care for cutesy clothes at all.

However dressing as an adult does not equal dressing as a whore. I mangae to dress myself everyday without looking like a whore.

teaching_mama
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Setting them up to learn how to be a prostitute? Seriously?! I do agree toddlers and tiaras is out of control but I certainly don't think allowing a child to wear a halter top or bikini or whatever is teaching them how to be a prostitute!

Quoting vinalex0581:

i think it's totally un-classy and it's setting them up to learn how to be a prostitute for when they get older. look at that one show......what's it called? Tiny Tiaras? idk.....the one that's on the TLC channel. I don't watch it but I saw previews for it before. I think what those moms get their pre-schoolers or kindergartners to do it degrading. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM
You have got to be kidding!
Teaching little girls to be prostitutes! You need to educate yourself!

Quoting vinalex0581:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autum713
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Ladies I went to Walmart for shorts... I'm pretty sure I ended up with crotchless panties

Quoting terramarie:

I think alot of the clothes they make for little girls nowdays are WAY beyond their age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embersparkle
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM
So many of you are thinking she is saying little girls are whores or women who dress not so modestly are whores....that is not what she is saying at all...yes I agree she could have worded her post better...her point is that so many little girl clothes out are too adult ....I agree little kids shouldn't be wearing booty shorts and halter tops because unfortunately in our day and age it does sexualize them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momswag
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:45 AM

My children  don't dress like 'mini adults' they do however wear stylish and fitting clothing. I never put my children in clothing that had characters or designs that were 'juvenile'. My children are four and five and they pick out their own clothing when we shop, they have their style and personality and thankfully they take after their mama and have A lOT of style! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)