Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am going to delete my mother

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM
  • 84 Replies

I am going to delete my mother off of my facebook.

I made a joke about how I wouldn't get married unless I had a nice wedding. I feel that my wedding should be special, since so many first time events of mine were robbed from me at a young age. I just want one thing special, I don't care about the rest. (The only thing included in the status was the first sentence of this.)

My mom leaves a comment saying "Heather, a nice, big, fancy wedding isn't appropriate if you already have kids. That's how I was raised!"

Kinda hurt my feelings that she doesn't think I'm worthy of a nice wedding with a dress, church, and all that jazz. 

I'm just done with her.

ETA: It bugs me simply because she was pregnant with me and showing when she got married, so she is hypocritical... that's all I'm saying here. She got a wedding, why shouldn't I deserve one too?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SoLuvlei
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I have my mother deleted and blocked. She lives with me but doesn't know how to be mature so I deal with her only in private.

momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
That's bs! You can have whatever kind of wedding your heart desires, whether you have kids or not!! I hope you get your nice wedding!! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Lol i would just say something along the lines of being happy that we are all entitled to our own opinions and that you are allowrd to feel differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Quoting SoLuvlei:

I have my mother deleted and blocked. She lives with me but doesn't know how to be mature so I deal with her only in private.

It's almost like she is jealous, or trying to compete.

JudesAwsomeMom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM
My mother isn't on my facebook either. Causes to much drama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM
:( sorry mama...when it happens it would be your day....do it however you want and Eff everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
You are going to be done with her over that? Wow, my mother barely ever talks to me, will not make an effort to call, has never made an effort to meet my kids, sends a card once every few years for my birthday, and yet I have tried for years to keep a relationship with her. I don't want to ever regret not trying.
How fickle some people can be...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM
She didn't say you weren't worthy. Were you expecting her to pay for it? If not, who cares what she thinks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyStork
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I blocked my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Lissette on May. 8, 2012 at 8:07 AM

My mom can barely figure out how to use email so THANK GOD she can't be on facebook. 

She's only about to be 51.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)