Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No friends bday coming up!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok we just moved two years ago and my son really doesnt have any friends here and no family except my mom, dad and aunt and uncle. The only kids are babys and my son is 6. While he loves the babys they cant really play with him. I had his party last year and invited everyone in his class and had it at a public place (mcdonalds) only one little girl showed up 8( This year he wont be in school during his bday they get out may 22. So, my question is what are some good ideas for a birthday? I still want to make him a cake even though there may not be any kids. I was thinking taking him to chucky cheese that way he could play with other kids or maybe taking him to the zoo and inviting his father and his wife and offering to pay for them to get in the zoo. (they live 6 hrs away) Any other ideas are welcome I just want him to have a great birthday I felt like crying last year. He was so upset and still asks me why only one person came to his party. So any ideas are welcome 8) It is so different from being in our home town he had so many kids at his parties from kids in the family.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jillbailey26
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Do you have a Dave & Busters type of place near you?  It'll have bowling, video games and stuff like that.  We have a bowling alley near us that has bowling, video games, laser tag and bumper cars.  The kids love going there.  Just make the day all about him and do things he loves to do, add a cake (or cupcakes) and presents and he should be set.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

blueeyedpixie
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I was gonna say chucky cheese. Or something similar. Like the other poster said Dave & budgets, or any type or arcade place or mini golf... gl hope you figure something out...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I think a day at the zoo with his family is a great idea! Maybe get him a birthday shirt and crown so people walking around will say Happy Birthday. Maybe ask a friend or two of yours to come with their babies. I know they're babies but it'll add to the party atmosphere and he can be the big guy showing the babies the animals. People can be so rude when it comes to RSVPing to parties...don't know why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nickie143
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Thanks ladies! I talked to his father and think the zoo will be our best bet. He will get to see his daddy and we can all eat cake together after our visit to the zoo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)