Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What was the best decision you ever made???

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 23 Replies

Besides having children and or getting married or divorced  lol.  

For me it was moving to where I am living now.  It was a scary decision giving up the security of having a roof over our head to the unsureness of when we moved here.   We had to fight in court to get the apartment after my mother in law passed away.  (this was her apt)   We came from a really bad neighborhood.  the kind of neighborhood that my children could not play outside alone.  It was the kind of neighborhood that whenever a car backfired everyone hit the deck.   It was a spur of the moment decision.  My husband came home on a Wednesday with some boxes and said pack we are moving Saturday.  But now My kids can go outside to play and they have friends and its a relatively safe neighborhood.  Of course we've had some incidents but its New york there is always an incident or two  lol.   We've been here 5 years now but this morning i was taking my dd to school (less than 2 blocks away) and she wanted to walk with her group of friends instead of me and I let her.  (i followed tho  lol)  and it just hit me how happy I was that we moved here.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I was gonna say getting divorced. Haha.

Maybe the birthing center I had my son in. That changed me in a lot of (good) ways.

Staying in school. There were times I thought I should drop out, lots of people told me to drop out, but I made it.

emeraldangel20

getting the gallbladder out. i feel so much better

LCG83
I'm not one to make good decisions. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Going back to school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Telling my husband that my daughter and I did NOT want to move right now so that she could finish high school....

Jenny7800
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Deciding to move out of my home state and to find my own bearings... taught me how to focus on my life I wanted and was going to have. 

Fairegirl33
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Moving to FL

LadyStork
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Leaving my abusive marriages. I understand that you stipulated that it had to be something other than that, but that IS the best give I ever made. I'd be dead of t weren't for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ma2b08
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Leaving the OB practice for a midwifw with my first. He (male miswife) empowered me and supported me in a way that really made me feel confident and capable of a natural birth. My first daughters birth changed my life. I have felt like I can do anything, ever since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM
My house! And to open my own groomimg shop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN