Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Going to prom while 6 months pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post
My 17 year old neice wants to go to prom while she is 6 months pregnant. My sister does not think that it is a good idea. She asked me and im at a loss. What are your thoughts on the idea ladies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
nigoleta
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Personally, I wouldn't attend under those circumstances. That said, if she wants to go, why not?

keeler_s
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Let her go. Why rob her of the experience?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare

I don't see what the big deal is. Let her go to the prom.

LadyStork
I'm doing what I can now.

Quoting Buggy979:

That's sad, sorry. But you could or can change that..

Quoting LadyStork:

For me? Pretty much.

Quoting Buggy979:

So when you became pregnant you didn't do anything fun , life basically stopped for you because you wanted or want to save money for your baby? this us what's wrong with people. Life is happy and fun. It doesn't stop no matter how old you are just because your pregnant..

Quoting LadyStork:

She should be staying home and saving that money for the baby. I realize everyone makes mistakes, but those mistakes, sadly, come with consequences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KME3
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
I don't see why not...I was pregnant just about my whole senior year, thank god I went to my boyfriends senior prom, I was a junior, because that's something you don't want to miss...I walked down the graduation aisle almost 9 months prego gave birth then went to college.. my prom was the last thing I had to be a kid and it was beautiful..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rinaann
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

If she wants to go who cares? 

she is going to be the one that is uncomfortable

momswag
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Would this be HER senior prom? If it's not then no she shouldn't go. If it's HER senior prom then she should just go to the dance and NOT any after parties. 

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM

why is it a bad idea she go? It's still a huge part of high school, she hasn't had the baby yet, she's not *9* months, and people are aware that she's pregnant by now (I'm assuming) so it's for her to have fun, maybe her last hoorah as a teen, and it's a huge experience! Granted, some are lame and boring, but some people really regret not going to prom.

also-what's the worst that could happen? Hopefully she's smart enough to KNOW not to drink/smoke (in general, but definitely bc she's pregnant). Let her go have fun.

mewebb82
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd let her go. Prom isn't an experience she can get again later. That was exactly my parents reasoning for letting me go to prom 5 months pregnant.

raegan1221
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I think that she should be able to go because it's her Prom...pregnant or not. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)