Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Friends don't let friends go to hell

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM
  • 31 Replies

I saw a teen wearing a t-shirt that said "Friends don't let friends go to hell." I remember kids wearing them at the youth group and the Lutheran school Iwent to. (K-8th grade). I refused to wear the shirt. (Mostly because I was rebellious anyways. I hated that church).

Do you find that offensive?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
No just annoying. I am not one to discuss my religion unless someone is interested. I dont believe that non christians go to hell anyway, not for being non christian.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeleyes16
by Danielle on May. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM

The church I grew up in believed that if you weren't christian you were going to hell. I thought it was bullshit. Who are they to say who is going to hell?

Quoting MicheleJM:

No just annoying. I am not one to discuss my religion unless someone is interested. I dont believe that non christians go to hell anyway, not for being non christian.

rosaleeandtwo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I find it stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I agree.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kit_manson
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Extremely offensive. Just because I am wiccan and atheist does not mean I want to be harassed to convert.

kansasmom1978
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I think the message implied is what is more important.  Friends care about their friends. And I myself would hope my friends were going to be in heaven with me.  My son has a shirt that says " this shirt is illegal is so many countries.....threatened in so many other countries etc..... It has a picture of the cross and says Jesus died for me.  He wears it to school all on his own.

LectioDivina
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM

It's a bit pointless... No, I don't get offended...

emeraldangel20
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Quoting MicheleJM:

louzannalady
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I think, it is not doctrinally sound. Everyone has free agency there is not "letting" anyone do anything. Everyone has to make their own choices in life. Besides, I am a Christian, but don't believe in the Catholic version of Hell perpetuated down through the Protestant sects- that non-believers will be cast down into. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LectioDivina
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Maybe they stopped a friend from committing triple homicide...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)