Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Friends don't let friends go to hell

Posted by   + Show Post

I saw a teen wearing a t-shirt that said "Friends don't let friends go to hell." I remember kids wearing them at the youth group and the Lutheran school Iwent to. (K-8th grade). I refused to wear the shirt. (Mostly because I was rebellious anyways. I hated that church).

Do you find that offensive?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
caito
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I think it's stupid.

But that's to be expected. :)

stefvan
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I find it funny because that is what I call where DH is from.  When we cross the state line I always say "Welcome to Hell." 

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Please, my religous friends and family, let me go to hell. I don't want you to try to convert me. Thanks.

TableforSeven
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Nope - not offensive to me.  Everyone is entitled to believe what they want.  I don't mind seeing a shirt like that....as long as the person wearing it doesn't start trying to shove their religion down my throat - I'm fine.

I'm not a Christian and I'm not worried about hell - thee is no 'hell' in Judaism.

LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I wouldn't wear it, and I don't believe in the message, but it isn't offensive. I would only be offended if the suggested I were in need of "saving".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angel.Eyes.
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

No.

✞†✞ Blessed ✞†✞

RedRozeMom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM
I think it's dumb, but then I find a lot of things like this dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickysmom71
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Stupid but not offensive....

hddcooper
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I can't keep anyone from going to hell except myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
No not offense. While I understand the point and actually like it. It's nearly pointless. You can do all you want. But a person is still goin to make their own choices and be their own person despite what you want for them. Same as your children being saved and finding Jesus. While I want my kids to, all I can do is guide them in the right direction. I can't make them make the right choices though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)