Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so..this is a town full of free range children or what?!

Posted by   + Show Post

i have noticed somthing verrry disturbing here...children playing with no adult in sight....riding their bikes around with out parents.....playing at the park without adult supervision! OMG!!!

a few of the moms around here have told me, "yeah, we let the kids run wild out here, just like we did when WE were kids"

so basicly, as long as your kid can find his way home on his own, it's all good! let them run and play and be kids!

this is a small town of only a few hundred, and everyone knows everyone and knows where random kids belong, the children all seem to play together, and will go house to house collecting kids and all go to the park together!

ds 6 is embracing this lifestyle to the max! it is only 8:30am ( no kinder today) and he is begging to be let out! o.0 i'm like "NO! it's not even 9am yet! are you crazy?!"

have you ever lived in a town with free range children?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Replies (41-50):
alwayskk
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Some parents allow their kids to play outside unsupervised. At a certain age, I guess it's fine. But I live in one of the biggest cities in the United States, and the child sex trafficking capital of the U.S. My kids will be older when I start letting them play in the front yard unsupervised.

Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I live in that land. I love it. The kids are always here though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa916
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
On a side note, when I first saw the title of this post, I thought it said chickens, not children, lmao!
MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I was free range and a latchkey kid. I hated when one of my parents were unemployed and around to watch what I ate and where I went. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Country_Momma89
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I grew up in a town like that and miss it.

Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM

the school is only a block away, and by going outside to play, i mean, i KNOW he is going to head straight to the school playground, lol, he goes outside and i have to drive around and look for him, lol, sometimes he comes and checks in but i still go and check on him too...such a horrible mom eh? lol

Quoting Aamy:

Your kid can't go out to play before 9 am??? Really? And yes in some places kids are allowed to play with out a parent attached to their hip....

GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I wish we did!

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Yeah I keep childproofing my house and the kids still get in...lok

Quoting Coca.Cola:

I live in that land. I love it. The kids are always here though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM

i have asked the rcmp, and there is not a single sex offender living in this town! i know there is still a chance there is a perv here somewhere, but i like those stats!

Quoting alwayskk:

Some parents allow their kids to play outside unsupervised. At a certain age, I guess it's fine. But I live in one of the biggest cities in the United States, and the child sex trafficking capital of the U.S. My kids will be older when I start letting them play in the front yard unsupervised.

Arwyn724
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I love Smyrna! 

Quoting shy1996:

what town is it? Smyrna Delaware was like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)