Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thats a new level of laziness for him!!!

i have vented about dh being  a lazy ass before but this morning... aaaahhhh

his oatmeal was in the microwave, i was working on his lunch, like in the middle of slicing tomatoes when he came out to the living room and asked about his breakfast. I told him it was in the microwave..... he was actually closer to the microwave at this point, like inbetween me and the microwave and he just turned around and sat down at his computer waiting for me to bring it to him!!!

and then acted all confused when that upset me....

but i tried to give him the benefit of hte doubt, maybe he had to pay bills or something.. so i brought his oatmeal to him stil... yeah he was reading the forums for a games he plays.......

i went off on him! I AM NOT A MAID!! I already DO EVERYTHING in this house! i do all of the housework, cooking, cleaning, yardwork, small maintnance jobs.... everything for the kids... i get up at 6 in the fricken morning to brew his coffee, make his lunch and breakfast, and HE CAN'T EVEN WALK TO THE FRICKEN MICROWAVE WHEN HE IS CLOSER!!!!!

then after he left he called me and reminded me it was trash day HE HAS TO WALK PAST THE TRASH can on his way to his work truck, and we put the trash can just right there next to the end of his work truck.... he wouldn't have had to take more then 3 extra step to take it out to the curb!!!

OMG i sound so petty right now! i'm just annoyed! he has completely broken his promise to stay off the computer till after 7pm the past several weeks.... and i'm sick of it!!! tomorrow i'm sleeping in!!!

revengeSiggy

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Replies (21-24):
Hot_Badonkadonk
by Rachel Lu on May. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM

That would have pissed me off. He'd be wearing his oatmeal :o) 

gum.drop
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Ohh, yeah he should be trying. hope it gets easier for him :)

Quoting MicheleJM:

He has speech apraxia and I think the co-ordination is related. But if something is hard he does not want to try. It isnt like he couldnt with a little effort. It is that it is easier to ask me. Then I get my other son saying wait a minute you said he needs ti learn these things. Sigh

Quoting gum.drop:

He's young

He might have a coordination disorder... Or an eye problem.

Or is that the only thing he does?

Quoting MicheleJM:

Sort of spill the oatmeal in the keyboard..ds9 still wants me to open up his soda cans. He thinks he cant and he doesnt have the best hand co-ordination but still. I just said sorry I am busy and walked away. I have had it with him saying I cant. he did open the soda can btw. Fine neither can I....he is lazy too and gotten away with too much.

Quoting greatmom0805:

Sounds spoiled....I would load his computer w a virus too.....and hand him the lawn mower 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM

it doesn't bother me WHEN i'm appreciated! i enjoy having the run of my house, and taking care of things the way i want to take care of them! i enjoy cooking and keeping the house... when i'm appreciated and when there is some sort of at least attempt at effort on his part!! he works a standard 40 hour week mostly sitting on his butt, but sometimes he does have to do actual hard labor, and i enjoy having him come home to a clean house, food on the stove and all!

but it's not like he's working in the mines swinging a pick axe... he uses working as an excuse to do NOTHING! it is better than it used to be. a couple years ago he wouldn't even spend time with the kids really. but he has been putting in real effort to spend time with the kids each day.... i'm rambling.... i just need him to stop thinking of me as a maid, and i need to stop enabling him just because he's better than he used to be...

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Do you think maybe he does this because he knows you will just handle it? Maybe stop or lighten your load. You didn't have to bring him that oatmeal, but you did and I bet he knew you would. It's your problem that you feel you have to serve him, to get up at 6 am to brew HIS coffee and to make all his meals. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with doing that. But, if it bothers you and you don't feel appreciated, then simply stop. It's quite simple.

connie45
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Sweet girl - I hope you stick to your guns and sleep in tomorrow.  He'll live.  Give yourself a break and some control - you need it.    Maybe even find a job - not necessarily for the money - but for the confidence and persepctive it will give you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)