Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The most horrible case of police brutality I've seen yet, and they've all sickened me....

Posted by   + Show Post

Fullerton: Video of Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released

May 8th, 2012

Via: pixq:

The city surveillance video that shows a group of Fullerton police officers beating a homeless mentally ill man to death last year was finally released today, laying to rest any argument that Kelly Thomas was a threat to officers.

The shocking video, which was combined with an audio recorder worn by one of the police officers on the night of July 5, 2011, was shown in court today, then later released to the media.

“Now you see my fists?” Fullerton police officer Manny Ramos asked Thomas while slipping on a pair of latex gloves.

“Yeah, what about them?” Thomas responded.

“They are getting ready to fuck you up,” said Ramos, a burly cop who appears to outweigh Thomas by 100 pounds.

Last year, Ron Thomas, a retired Orange County Sheriff’s deputy, said the City of Fullerton offered him $900,000 to just go away, which would have allowed the two cops to remain on the force unpunished for killing his son.

Thomas was pronounced dead on July 10, five days after the beating that left him in a coma.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
brookiecookie87
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

No one here was saying Kelly Thomas is 'innocent'.

We are saying he did not deserve to be beaten to death.

The consequence for being rude, and disrespectiful is not death. The consequence for not listening to cops is not Death.

We are not arguing whether he should be complient or not-That doesn't matter. What matters is Police Officers beat a man to death-Who did not threaten them and was not a threat to them in any way.

It is sickening and disgusting.

Quoting Susan0805:

And you feel the "victim" was innocent? That he held no responsibility in the outcome? Im not making excuses. The fact is, if he would have been complient none of this would have happened. Why were the police there anyway? Were they there because he comitted a crime? We werent there. The police officers my have been to rough, but the guy is also equally at fault for being aggressive to the officers.

Quoting LoveOfSign:

That gives them the right to kill the poor guy.. "see my fists"--"yeah what about em"--"they're about to fuck you up"... yeah they had every right to beat him to death-that was just a nice threat towards him before he was even standing. Sick that people make excuses for cops. "They may have been rough".. I'd say beating a person to death is more than just "Rough"..

I bet if I went out and beat a homeless, mentally ill man to death I'd be in prison. The badge is his nice safety net. Good old america, blame the dead guy.. It's all his fault! He didn't obey the badged murderer, he deserves to be beaten to death!

Quoting Susan0805:

The guy was non complient and fighting the officers the entire time! All he had to do was follow there instructions but he refused. They may have been rough but they guy is most responsible for what happened he could have just obeyed the officers?

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

LectioDivina
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

We're not stereotyping anyone, His father Was the one that let the Public in on that information...

and they are IN NO WAY EQUALLY at fault....

Quoting Susan0805:

What? I never said police officers are perfect. And why are all homeless people always assumed to be mentally handicapped? Thats steriotyping. There are various reasons people are homeless. The man disobeyed the police officers and fought them, if he were compient the situation wouldnt have happened, period. Not saying there level of force was okay or not, just saying the homeless guy wasnt faultless.

Quoting LectioDivina:

So is it just the status quo of this country then that if police come across a mentally handicapped man that doesn't do exactly as they say, It's fine to brutally beat him to death?

Quoting Susan0805:

And you feel the "victim" was innocent? That he held no responsibility in the outcome? Im not making excuses. The fact is, if he would have been complient none of this would have happened. Why were the police there anyway? Were they there because he comitted a crime? We werent there. The police officers my have been to rough, but the guy is also equally at fault for being aggressive to the officers.

Quoting LoveOfSign:

That gives them the right to kill the poor guy.. "see my fists"--"yeah what about em"--"they're about to fuck you up"... yeah they had every right to beat him to death-that was just a nice threat towards him before he was even standing. Sick that people make excuses for cops. "They may have been rough".. I'd say beating a person to death is more than just "Rough"..

I bet if I went out and beat a homeless, mentally ill man to death I'd be in prison. The badge is his nice safety net. Good old america, blame the dead guy.. It's all his fault! He didn't obey the badged murderer, he deserves to be beaten to death!

Quoting Susan0805:

The guy was non complient and fighting the officers the entire time! All he had to do was follow there instructions but he refused. They may have been rough but they guy is most responsible for what happened he could have just obeyed the officers?

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Okay, your all right the homeless guy is a saint, our police officers are crazed murderers! Rolls eyes.
At the end of the day, the entire thing could have been avoided if the guy would have followed instructions and not fought the officers! The officers were to rough and harsh i agree, but they had cause to believe he was dangerous and without his hands in a visible position how were they to know if he had a weapon in his pants or near him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosaleeandtwo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM
This is so sad. And so disgusting that these actions are being defended.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy92
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Because he couldnt breath... you try breathing with a 250+ guy on your back.

Quoting Susan0805:

He was fighting while he said that! The cop was repeating, put your hand behind your back, and relax, but he didnt he kept fighting them.

Quoting proudmommy92:

What and him repeating - 'i cant breath!' And 'help me' doesnt seem like he was fighting them- maybe he just need to take a breath and that fat ass cop was sitting on him?

You cant do much when you camt breath...

And really how many times did they need to taser him? Does that make sense to?

Quoting Susan0805:

I seen the guy fighting and resisting. They were trying to get him to put his hands on his knees and he wouldnt and then on the ground he fought the whole time. I wonder what injuries the officers had? They could have easily been seriously hurt in the scuffle too.

Quoting Nikkij-j:

so...beating someone in the head with a MAGLIGHT is being rough... really?  W..o...W

Quoting Susan0805:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Susan0805:

Okay, your all right the homeless guy is a saint, our police officers are crazed murders! Rolls eyes.
At the end of the day, the entire thing could have been avoided if the guy would have followed instructions and not fought the officers! The officers were to rough and harsh i agree, but they had cause to believe he was dangerous and without his hands in a visible position how were they to know if he had a weapon in his pants or near him?

Math ?

8 hands vs. 2 hands...

They could of controlled both his hands easily.

I bet 2 different officers arriving on the scene could of handled that situation with no bloodshed at all....

No one is saying that homeless man was a saint, But those officers are indeed murderers.

rinaann
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

This case was horrible, it  touch my family personally as some of my family knew Kelly and his family

I dont know if you followed the story but my aunt Sharon Quirk stood up for Kelly against the police and took action when no one else would 

rinaann
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM

There are videos about it all over the place the police were totally in the wrong and killed this man 

Quoting Susan0805:

Okay, your all right the homeless guy is a saint, our police officers are crazed murderers! Rolls eyes.

LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
That made me sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rinaann
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

The guy was schizophrenic he did not understand what was going on and the police officers knew he was schizophrenic 

Quoting Susan0805:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)