Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The most horrible case of police brutality I've seen yet, and they've all sickened me....

Posted by   + Show Post

Fullerton: Video of Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released

May 8th, 2012

Via: pixq:

The city surveillance video that shows a group of Fullerton police officers beating a homeless mentally ill man to death last year was finally released today, laying to rest any argument that Kelly Thomas was a threat to officers.

The shocking video, which was combined with an audio recorder worn by one of the police officers on the night of July 5, 2011, was shown in court today, then later released to the media.

“Now you see my fists?” Fullerton police officer Manny Ramos asked Thomas while slipping on a pair of latex gloves.

“Yeah, what about them?” Thomas responded.

“They are getting ready to fuck you up,” said Ramos, a burly cop who appears to outweigh Thomas by 100 pounds.

Last year, Ron Thomas, a retired Orange County Sheriff’s deputy, said the City of Fullerton offered him $900,000 to just go away, which would have allowed the two cops to remain on the force unpunished for killing his son.

Thomas was pronounced dead on July 10, five days after the beating that left him in a coma.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Replies (51-60):
isell_avon
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

bump for later

paknari
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Also if that officer couldn't make the arrest for whatever reason he could've called for backup. You mean to tell me that multiple people couldn't restrain one Guy without killing him?

Quoting paknari:

They are only supposed to use enough force to restrain him and get him arrested. Beating is not in the job requirement. If they were arresting him they couldve restrained both his feet and hands and there is not much he could've done. They even have hoods they can put over the head if the person is spitting.

Quoting Susan0805:

The guy was non complient and fighting the officers the entire time! All he had to do was follow there instructions but he refused. They may have been rough but they guy is most responsible for what happened he could have just obeyed the officers?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina

I've had the same batteries in my taser for 8 years now....

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting Hectictracy:

Wow! This is so sad. Did the cops have tasers?(sp*) I didn't see any need for what happened to this man.

If you watch the 30 minute video at around 25 minutes you will hear an officer say this:

Quote:

I got to the end of my taser, so I just smashed his face to hell.

Dark_Rain
1 mom liked this
Omfg people you could see in the vid he wasnt fighting! It was stated he was also mentally ill. He was probably confused. Then the fatass cop fucking hit him! He ran screaming cus he was scared! There was no excuse for that behavior. These cops were fucked up! That video made me sick! All of them need to be off the force and behind bars. I hope that fat fuck is made into someones bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Khaleesi
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

You are one heartless, ignorant bitch.

Who said Kelly was a saint? Nobody, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't. Who said all cops are crazed murderers?  Not all cops are, but these ones are. The same ones you are defending. Did you even watch the video?

Kelly Thomas was mentally ill, that wasn't a stereotype for him. He couldn't breathe, and he couldn't move because of all the cops sitting on him sqaushing him, beating him, and tasering him. Let that happen to you and see how compliant you can be when you're panicked & crying our for your daddy to help you, just like Kelly Thomas was.

Quoting Susan0805:

Okay, your all right the homeless guy is a saint, our police officers are crazed murderers! Rolls eyes.
At the end of the day, the entire thing could have been avoided if the guy would have followed instructions and not fought the officers! The officers were to rough and harsh i agree, but they had cause to believe he was dangerous and without his hands in a visible position how were they to know if he had a weapon in his pants or near him?

Hectictracy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Oh ok. I'm mobile right now, I'll watch when I get home.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting Hectictracy:

Wow! This is so sad. Did the cops have tasers?(sp*) I didn't see any need for what happened to this man.

If you watch the 30 minute video at around 25 minutes you will hear an officer say this:

Quote:

I got to the end of my taser, so I just smashed his face to hell.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

that is so wrong

Dark_Rain
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Hearing that man cry for his daddy while they fucking needlessly beat him made me want to beat those damn cops! Noncompliant my ass! How could he comply while they were beating him? Doubt he even understood why they were hurting him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

What part of "Mentally handicapped" was unclear? He doesn't have the same reasoning skills as a normal person. He was being brutally beaten and wanted to get away. THAT'S why he fought back. He very likely didn't realize that "not fighting back" would have prevented this. No one said the homeless man was a saint or that the police are crazed murderers. This man needed inpatient psych care and medication to help control his mental illness. He did NOT deserve to be beaten to death. It's sad that this is how we treat our ill and destitute. Were has our humanity gone?

Quoting Susan0805:

Okay, your all right the homeless guy is a saint, our police officers are crazed murderers! Rolls eyes.
At the end of the day, the entire thing could have been avoided if the guy would have followed instructions and not fought the officers! The officers were to rough and harsh i agree, but they had cause to believe he was dangerous and without his hands in a visible position how were they to know if he had a weapon in his pants or near him?

LilGina
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM

This happens all the time Rodney king comes to mind. Also Oscar grant. Give me a minute I could come up with 10 more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN