Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ds's teacher is

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  • 17 Replies

The best teacher.  She got chick eggs and they have been in an incubator and are now hatching.  She put a web cam in the incubator so we can watch.  It's so cool.  A couple have hatched and got moved out and now there are 2 more with holes in them.  I keep checking to see if the beak has popped out.

No such luck.  I keep missing it.  She has been such a great teacher.  I just had to share how cool it is.

What cool things have your kids teachers have done?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
I'm ill with my ds's teacher. 10 more days....just ten more days!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Oh that sucks.  Hopefully you will get a better next year.

Quoting LTsMommy07:

I'm ill with my ds's teacher. 10 more day....just ten more days!

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on May. 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

My kids are only 2 and 3...no school yet. That's awesome though!

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on May. 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I am my ds's teacher so I am obviously quite fond of her most of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Don't you just love great teachers?  My oldest dd has ADHD and her Resource teacher is awesome!  I absolutely love her!  You can tell she loves what she does and she is sooo good too!  Dd had a presentation at school.  Her resource teacher, Tricia, helped her so much and let her do the presentation in her room.  She wouldn't have done as well if she had to do it to the whole class.  She recorded it with her phone for me then emailed it.  When I couldn't open it she emailed it to herself and burned a disk of it for me!  I couldn't believe it.  She also picks out teachers for her and makes sure she gets those teachers for the next year.  I don't know how we would have gotten this far without her.  I know there will be tears when dd goes to middle school in a few years.  Luckily my youngest dd will still be at the same school so I will be able to adjust more easily!  :)  

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Quoting LTsMommy07:

So sorry.  I hope next year's teacher is better!  :(

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

spunky946
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Oh I do.  The funny thing is, this is only her 2nd year at this school. She was there last year as a full time sub because the other teacher had retired.  She only found out she had the job 4 days before school started.  She has been amazing with my son. 

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Don't you just love great teachers?  My oldest dd has ADHD and her Resource teacher is awesome!  I absolutely love her!  You can tell she loves what she does and she is sooo good too!  Dd had a presentation at school.  Her resource teacher, Tricia, helped her so much and let her do the presentation in her room.  She wouldn't have done as well if she had to do it to the whole class.  She recorded it with her phone for me then emailed it.  When I couldn't open it she emailed it to herself and burned a disk of it for me!  I couldn't believe it.  She also picks out teachers for her and makes sure she gets those teachers for the next year.  I don't know how we would have gotten this far without her.  I know there will be tears when dd goes to middle school in a few years.  Luckily my youngest dd will still be at the same school so I will be able to adjust more easily!  :)  

LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM
The year started out ok. And it was a blessing compared to last year. My ds is in 3rd grade. We had a new teacher from another school. She's kind of mousy....nice but kind of odd. I haven't really had a 'problem' but just an irk or two. And this last one has me t-ed off! I sent a second note this morning and she will probably not like me! Normally it wouldn't be much of a big deal but it came on the heels of another incident (not directly related to school) involving money. The teacher sent a letter saying SHE had purchased ball caps for the class for field day that they would be painting (theme is baseball). And that we need to send her 3$ to off set the cost of the paint and the cap. On top of the children need to bring a white shirt and if the don't have one we can send 3 more dollars and she will purchase one. I told my ds I would not be sending 3$ for a hat. He missed school Friday the 27th to be in a parade (another issue over makeup work) and so he took his shirt in on the following Monday or Tuesday. Anyway, yesterday on the way to school he tells me his teacher said I need to send 6$ and he could paint a shirt she had brought! I was ill! I send a short note saying he took his shirt last week and said he gave it to her and that I would NOT be sending 3$ or 6$. So after school yesterday my ds said his teacher said she won't "make him" pay for the shirt SHE LET him use! I sent a note this morning saying again that he took his took last week and now I want it found and sent home!! I am so ready for this year to be over! Bring on summer. I dread 4th grade though because it is notoriously hard in this area! I don't know if it's our teachers, the curriculum or the transitioning to changing classes, etc. One of the 4th grade teachers was one of my 4th grade teachers. She's tough, but I think ds would do well in her class. The other teacher is new this year. Hard decisions.....

Quoting spunky946:

Oh that sucks.  Hopefully you will get a better next year.

Quoting LTsMommy07:

I'm ill with my ds's teacher. 10 more day....just ten more days!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM
That's so awesome! DD is only in preschool and while her teacher seems nice and all, she's out a LOT leaving my DD to adjust to a new sub 2-3x a month. It really grates on my nerves for some reason. The assistant is amazing though. Very sweet and patient!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Thanks! I just posted about why I'm ill with her. And like I said normally I don't think it would have bothered me but for some reason it just hit all the wrong nerves.

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Quoting LTsMommy07:

So sorry.  I hope next year's teacher is better!  :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)