Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Equal Love, Equal Rights

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

It is so heartbreaking to me that someone can be that close to another person and yet if something happens told they have no right to info about their loved one, access to the funeral etc... and all of that is given to a family the decedent was not even close too simply because the relationship is not recognized by law. 

This is part of why I believe that gay marriage should be legalised. I really don't get what the issue is or how someones sexuality hurts a straight person or even the institute of marriage.

I'm sure someone will bash me for this (especially since i posted it in NC) but I really don't care. I apologize if it's already been posted. 

One Love!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
embersparkle
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM
This is why I'm on the fence about the whole issue...I don't agree with it but at the same time not having the right to information about the one I love if they were hurt or dying would be devastating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

bump

phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on May. 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM
I agree with op.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I wasn't expecting something so beautiful and tragic at the same time.

There are so many people in this world searching for love. That's all anyone wants- love and acceptance. We may seek those things out in different ways, but ultimately, whether it's power, fame, or fortune, what it all translates to is love and acceptance.

So few people on this earth ever find that- let the ones who do live in peace. Recognize them. Allow them to live free, and under the same protections as all of us should.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM

This is why all americans deserve equal rights all across the board and it's sad that this is still an issue in the year 2012........SMDH  O.0

Piskie
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM
It's quite simple... If you don't agree with gay marriage, don't have one.
But legally speaking, how can you want to deny people rights like that?

Would you want your child unable to see their life long love in hospital?

Quoting embersparkle:

This is why I'm on the fence about the whole issue...I don't agree with it but at the same time not having the right to information about the one I love if they were hurt or dying would be devastating.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embersparkle
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Never said I was denying anyone anything..I said I'm on the fence about the issue as in personally not legally. Stop already with whole against gay marriage don't have one..its old.

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting embersparkle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

bump

Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM

so is the whole "its wrong because "god" says so" or any other argument one may use to try to deny a basic human right.

Quoting embersparkle:

Never said I was denying anyone anything..I said I'm on the fence about the issue as in personally not legally. Stop already with whole against gay marriage don't have one..its old.

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting embersparkle:

Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM

This was seriously one of the most heartbreaking things I have seen.

I watched this with my daughter, I have always taught her the importance of love, tolerance, and acceptance.

I read her the captions and she looked at me in disbelief, saying "how could a mommy do that to their child?" How indeed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN