Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My son has a baby in his belly and it is hurting him.

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

I need advice on what to do. What should I tell him. I looked up some site and it has you giving the sex talk to preschool kids. O.o WHAT?? My son is five. Surely there is some way to clarify this with out talking about the dirty deed and other things.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AriMommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Just tell him that boys don't have babies, only women do. 

Mamacruz13
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM

just tell him boys can't have babies, only girls can. If he asks why, tell him girls are made to have babies and boys aren't. If he wants further explanation, tell him you will explain it later when he is older. When my three year old asks me complicated questions, I just tell him it is tricky and he moves on lol.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

There is nothing dirty in talking about anatomy of each gender nor talking about intercourse.  For now I would tell him he does not have parts to carry a baby and if he asks what parts he needs you tell him a uterus.  You could even bring up a picture online of a baby inside, the basic medical one.

art.diva
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Just tell him that there is no baby in his tummy, and leave it at that. 

Nimil
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM

i plan on being honest with my son when he asks questions, no matter what his age is. sure you don't need to go into the nitty gritty workings of how sex is preformed but i don't think it can hurt to explain that only females can have babies, and explain the basics of how mom's carry babies. you can tell him about carrying him!

mostly i am going to be honest like this because my mother never told me or my brother anything. i only learned about how babies are made because i found a medical encyclopedia and educated myself.

a friend of mine brought her kids over when she brought me some baby clothes, and her daughter asked me if my baby crawled in my mouth because how else would he be in my tummy? LOL

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
This. Just ask him if he ate something new or when was the last time he pooped. Chances are it is digestive. Or better yet say it is gas. All 5 yr olds love talking about "tooting" or farting.

Quoting art.diva:

Just tell him that there is no baby in his tummy, and leave it at that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Oh wow!  lol

I have a very curious four year old daughter, and I have been very honest with her when she asks questions about the human body.  But I haven't quite figured out how to approach the intercourse subject.  My mom was too open with my sisters and me, so I am trying to find the happy medium.

Quoting Nimil:

i plan on being honest with my son when he asks questions, no matter what his age is. sure you don't need to go into the nitty gritty workings of how sex is preformed but i don't think it can hurt to explain that only females can have babies, and explain the basics of how mom's carry babies. you can tell him about carrying him!

mostly i am going to be honest like this because my mother never told me or my brother anything. i only learned about how babies are made because i found a medical encyclopedia and educated myself.

a friend of mine brought her kids over when she brought me some baby clothes, and her daughter asked me if my baby crawled in my mouth because how else would he be in my tummy? LOL

Nimil
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM

oh yeah the happy medium is something i hope i can find as well. my almost husband's mom was WAY TOO OPEN with him about sex matters and my mom just didn't tell me anything (i learned it all from that book, or the "family life" classes i had in health class)

Quoting art.diva:

Oh wow!  lol

I have a very curious four year old daughter, and I have been very honest with her when she asks questions about the human body.  But I haven't quite figured out how to approach the intercourse subject.  My mom was too open with my sisters and me, so I am trying to find the happy medium.

Quoting Nimil:

ForeverInLove
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I'd just tell him that boys don't have babies, girls do. And then ask him what his pain feels like.

He may have an honest pain but doesn't know why. So, see if he can't describe this pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)