Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He wont talk to me :(

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 19 Replies

I know something is bugging my husband but he wont talk to me. most times i could coax it out of him but not this time. he said something just now that kinda made me sad. We were watching the news about communutes and he said he hauled ass home from work and i asked why and he said he didnt want to be there at work and i asked if it was a bad day he said no that he didnt want to be there at work or here at home. he just doesnt want to be. i dont know what to do about it

by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

BUMP!

nyr818
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Is there anyone that your husband talks to other than you? Like a best friend? Family? Maybe they could speak with him and see how he's doing.

LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Sorry. :(...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaxmomof2600
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Maybe give him space.  Sometimes you just need to work out a bad mood on you own.

PinkyPan
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

He sounds depressed or overwhelmed. Maybe he just needs some space to sort things out. I wish I knew what to tell you. Hugs

silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

not really. i am sure he talks to others but none that i have interaction with. his mother is living with us for a few weeks and he wouldnt even ask her for gas money. he asked me to do it. she was a little stunned that he wouldnt ask her to for it

Quoting nyr818:

Is there anyone that your husband talks to other than you? Like a best friend? Family? Maybe they could speak with him and see how he's doing.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

i think he is depressed but i dont know what to do about it :( he was like this yesterday also

Quoting PinkyPan:

He sounds depressed or overwhelmed. Maybe he just needs some space to sort things out. I wish I knew what to tell you. Hugs

Kiki7808
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM
He sounds depressed, I know cuz I get that way and I have it. Sometimes its best to let him figure things out in his mind but keep letting him know that your there for him if he needs you and that he doesn't have to do it alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nyr818
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Its unfortunate that you have no interacted with people he speaks to. Well, like what the other moms suggested - maybe he's just had a bad day and need to decompress. Maybe give him some space like it was suggested on here, and cheer him up by not really talking about it. Maybe after making him feel a little better, he will open up to you about it. These are just suggestions. I know when my husband has a bad day, I try not to talk about it with him for at least a day - let him have his day off - make him a nice dinner, watch some TV and then get back to it once he feels relaxed.

Quoting silverdawn99:

not really. i am sure he talks to others but none that i have interaction with. his mother is living with us for a few weeks and he wouldnt even ask her for gas money. he asked me to do it. she was a little stunned that he wouldnt ask her to for it

Quoting nyr818:

sparklebug86
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

aww im sorry to hear that. My hubby gets like that too every once in awhile. Does your hubby get his own "alone time" to go do something without phone calls or interruptions? Sometimes thats all my hubby needs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)