Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm scared :l

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
  • 42 Replies

Like totally scared about tomorrow.  I started pain management a month ago.  Welps.  Last month he increased my oxycodone to 7.5 325 and directed me to take it 3 times a day...  Uhh I haven't been able to.  For starters it sometimes makes me sick.  Even when I take it with food which he told me isn't necessary.  Then others times i'm fine.  But i'm so scared to take it 3 times a day thinking i'm going to end up addicted to it.  And thing is I need something LONG TERM so i'm afraid i'll get immune to it after awhile.  Idk what he's going to say about my fears.  I was scared when my primary dr put me on 5 325.  I saw her a few weeks ago and explained my fears and she said if I wasn't comfortable not to do that.  I had just been taking the pills as NEEDED and everytime I take it I feel like i'm floating in another world!  Like when it hits the point were i'm in sooo much pain that I feel like ER in order.  Few days have I taken 2 a day.  It has to be really bad..  but in my mind I should only take it when i'm really in bad pain not because he wants me to take it 3 times a day to be sure my pain level isn't bad.  I'm just scared... does this make any sense??  Lol  :l  I feel like i'm gonna be scolded as if I got a bad report card...  *sigh*

by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Relax - take a deep breath - if the pain meds he is prescribing isn't working for you  , its his job to find and explore other options.

Perhaps there is a pain patch he can prescribe or something else.

He isn't going to scold you. Well at least he shouldn't.

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

You know it's weird foo.  This doctor send me over last week to talk with a therapist to be sure i'm not abusing substances.  It's odd to me that he sends me there were they offer support groups for people who take narcotics and become addictive to them...  She's like people need to learn to only take when they need it not just to feel good.  Yet he wants me to take this pill 3 times a day (every 8 hrs to be pain free).  I just doesn't settle with me well.  I deal with my pain most of the time.  In fact...  most of the time if i'm feeling that bad i'll go to sleep to avoid taking it.

Don't get me wrong.. they help.  The first time I took it I felt like running around...  They take away the pain.  But i'm scared...  I don't wanna be hooked on them!  :(

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Relax - take a deep breath - if the pain meds he is prescribing isn't working for you  , its his job to find and explore other options.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM

;)  Hi darling!  How are you??

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Hugs

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on May. 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hugs.

Pain meds make me sick too.

FooLynRoo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Its why prescription pain medication is a huge addiction issue that it is today.

Mixed signals.

People confused and in pain.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

You know it's weird foo.  This doctor send me over last week to talk with a therapist to be sure i'm not abusing substances.  It's odd to me that he sends me there were they offer support groups for people who take narcotics and become addictive to them...  She's like people need to learn to only take when they need it not just to feel good.  Yet he wants me to take this pill 3 times a day (every 8 hrs to be pain free).  I just doesn't settle with me well.  I deal with my pain most of the time.  In fact...  most of the time if i'm feeling that bad i'll go to sleep to avoid taking it.

Don't get me wrong.. they help.  The first time I took it I felt like running around...  They take away the pain.  But i'm scared...  I don't wanna be hooked on them!  :(

Quoting FooLynRoo:

AdellesMom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Hugs! Everything will be fine. Relax and take a deep breath. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I'm very very sore. I tried to work out yesterday. I'm paying for it today. Its too soon. How are you hun besides scared?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 8, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Yes an associate of mine was asking what meds I take and when I told her my meds.  She was all giggly about how she loves taking pain meds and how she'd be taking them 3 times a day..  Blah blah!  W/e floats her boat.  I'm too scared..  Maybe i'm crazy.  And some do think i'm crazy and often question how I deal with my pain.  I'm hurting right now...  but I deal with it.  Get on here get my mind off of it..  It's frustrating.  As much as I want to not be in pain I have these fears.  Ugh...  I have severe anxiety so maybe that plays a part too...  :(

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Its why prescription pain medication is a huge addiction issue that it is today.

Mixed signals.

People confused and in pain.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM

:[  I'm sorry<3

I'm ok.  I'm dealing.  I'm very emotional today...  I miss my son :(  

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

I'm very very sore. I tried to work out yesterday. I'm paying for it today. Its too soon. How are you hun besides scared?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN