Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

tell me your labor and delivery story!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM
  • 108 Replies
Do it noooooow :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AriMommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM

My water broke around 7:00am on a Sunday morning.. went to the hospital around 9:00am.  At around 6:00pm, I wasn't dialating and active labor had stalled, so they gave me pitocin.  Around 9:00pm contractions became very strong, doc checked me and I was only dialated to 4cm. Got an epidural as it became clear this was not going to be over anytime soon. Doc checked me again around midnight and I was still only dialated to 6cm, so he told me to try to get some rest while a nurse monitored my contractions.  6am, still not dialated beyond 6cm.  11:30am on Monday, contractions spike again, so doc checks me and I'm at 8cm. He gives me an hour and checks me again, still only at 8cm. Around 1:30pm on Monday, labor has stalled again, I'm only at 8cm and babies heart rate starts dropping.  C-section called and my baby girl was delivered at 2:37pm.

jadsmummy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Drama free really and quite laid back. I went in at 9ish am.  Had an epidural and some pitocin a few hours later, and rested and waited for pushing time. 5:30ish I was fully dilated and ready to push but the doctor wanted me to labor down for a while, so we waited some more. DH had some coffee finished his dinner that I forced him to go get so he wouldn't be hungry. A little before 7 they said we could try pushing, and WHAMMIE DS was born 3 contractions later so fast they were screaming at me not to push because there was only one nurse in the room the doctor came running and arrived just in time. :) Overall, an excellent experience. I was discharged about 12 hours later but we stuck around until DS could also be discharged.

holls2188
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Mine involved hemorrhaging, which caused me to lose 48 percent of my blood, and spending 3 days in the ICU. I didn't get to hold my new born DD till she was 4 days old my labor and delievery was a very long process and way to long of a story lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Quoting holls2188:

Mine involved hemorrhaging, which caused me to lose 48 percent of my blood, and spending 3 days in the ICU. I didn't get to hold my new born DD till she was 4 days old my labor and delievery was a very long process and way to long of a story lol.

OMG!!! Terrifying is a total understatement! Was your DD healthy?

QJsmommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM
My mucous plug came out around 11 am I started having contractions around 11pm I was living with my mom I woke her up around 5 jumped in the shower, ate and got to the hospital around 6 am I was 2 cm and by 2 I was 8 cm. I started pushing at 430 and had him at 651. I had no drugs labor was easy but delivery was hard! I had to breathe through every other contraction, that was the hardest and most painful part!! He was born face up and they took him right away, I didn't get to see him until 10 something that night:/ I brought him home when he was 9 days old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM
On June 15 at 530ish pm I was doing some work on my laptop. I felt light contactions come and go but they were so light I thought braxton hicks. After awhile of working I started thinking...these are coming pretty regular and pretty often I wonder how long...555, 557, 600, 602, 605, 607, 609 wow I might be in labor I show my coach all excited cause she just came over to see me. I call my midwife and we talk my midwife said see you tomorrow unless something changes. I get sp excited nesting kicks in. I was going to scrub my tub. My coach (aka mom) said no shell do it. I vacum and got out my supplies. Then my mom comes in and says lets go for a walk, I said I want to lay down she said you'll stall your labor he is already a week late. I said ok then I said no I have to pee. While sitting I had the biggest contraction I then yelled for my mom who was getting the hot packs warm I wanted to push. She said we have to move to the bed. I go to get up and slam another hard contraction less than a min apart. I drop back down on the toilet as soon as its over I run to my bed afraid another one will hit while I am trying to make it to my bed. I am on all fours on my bed begging my mom to let me push.she has the phone in her hand calling the mid wife. Telling her to come ASAP. And at the sametime begging me not to push cause she doesn't want to delivery him. She said she saw his head presenting and coming out a bit and going back in. She was freaked. About three contraction later my midwife was there. Two more and he was born at home at 938 pm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM
2 pregnancies.

gushing blood...placental abruptions....pre term...with both.

emergency sections with both.

both babies resuscitated at birth

NICU time for both.

so scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JJSMOMMYxox
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Tuesday July 27 I swore I was in labor back labor non the less I was in so much pain I couldn't walk I even fell
in the parking lot like 5 times getting inside to a wheel chair I was in there by myself I had to pull over multiple
times while driving. So I go up wait and wait and wait and they just sent me home... Even though i was crying and
in so much pain... I could not move or sleep the 29th I went to my doctor appointment and I was 4cm dilated and
they wanted me admitted. Not to long until I got my epidural they popped my water and I was on my way to
pushing DRUG FREE not even a pill of advil.

TwinMommy2BE86
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My first was a boring induction so I will tell you about having twins ...... I made it 37 weeks without a sign of pre term labor. My doctor wanted to induce me at 38 weeks. Since day one I swore up and down that I wasn't having my babies via c section. Both boys were head down so I had a good chance that I would get to deliver vaginal. The day after my 37 week visit I decided that I wanted some kool aid. I couldn't drink the water from our house so I needed my ex husband to take me to his moms ( I know it's weird). He refused to do it!! So I went without drinking for hours. I was so mad that I started cleaning. I became tired and decided to go to bed ( this was about 10 pm) . Within mins of getting in my bed my water broke ( only one sac thank god) .
We got to the hospital ( 5 min away) and discovered that I was 7cm and 80% effaced. Within the first 10 min of my arrival it was time to push. In the event that I would need a c section, I had no choice but to get an epidural. I also had to deliver in the OR.
It took only a couple if pushes and Kyler was out. The nurse kind of had to hold my belly so that baby #2 didn't flip breach. I didn't get a chance to cry over baby #1 coming out cause it was time to push Kamden. I swear it was one big push and he was out. The twins are one min apart. They were 5lbs each and I was able to take them home with me. The only words my doc had for me was ..." I'll deliver twins with you any day"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holls2188
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Yeah she was almost full term 5lbs 10ounes she was perfect

Quoting jadsmummy:

Quoting holls2188:

OMG!!! Terrifying is a total understatement! Was your DD healthy?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN