Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tell me your labor and delivery story!

Posted by   + Show Post
Do it noooooow :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I was two weeks overdue and was induced. He was supposed to be a water birth but the water made the pain so much worse. After 14 hours of labor it was time to push but he wasn't coming down. I was headed for a c section if he didn't start to come down. They realize the cord was wrapped around.d his neck three times they cut the cord I pushed and the pulled him out. It took him a breath. I heard him cry and passed out. They took me to see him when I woke up and I didn't believe he was mine. Seriously I made them check the numbers on the bands lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

First- Went into labor around 10 am on a Wednesday while walking around the mall. Went back home and played video games with SO for the next 10 hrs. Finally went to the hospital at 8:30 pm, contractions were 5 minutes apart but not strong. Laboured through the night, no sleep, water was broken at 6 am. At 8, they started pitocin. Epidural at 10 to help me sleep. Started pushing at 2 pm, delivered an 8lb 1.2 oz baby girl at 2:33.

Second-Went into labour at 8 pm while playing Clue with my DD and mother. Went to the hospital at 12 am at SO's urging. Contractions were 2-3 minutes apart, pretty strong. Laboured though the night. Epidural at 6 am, and water was broken. Started pushing at 10:40 and delivered an 8lb 6 oz baby girl at 10:50 am.

Third-Went into labour at 10 pm while watching tv. Woke SO up at 3 am, called MIL and she came over to watch the girls at 3:30 and left for the hospital. Laboured till 10, epidural and water broken at 10:30. Started pushing at 12:42. Delivered an 8lb 11 oz baby girl at 12:43.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Dd was over due almost two weeks. Went in for my weekly check. That was around 11 or so. After the checkup the doc told me that they have to induce due to being late. Wanted to wait another week due to personal reasons. But couldn't. Was admitted @ 130pm. Hooked up to petocin, then after my contractions kicked in I got an epidural. Shortly after the doc broke my water. Then Aug 9 at 1208am dd made her arrival. Only took a few pushes and about 15 min to get her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Oh geez..

Okay. Are you sure? It's VERY long :/

Went in for a routine exam 11 days before I was due. They did a cervical exam, but failed to mention that there would be pain afterward. So my husband and I are leaving the office, get about two blocks away. I'm in pain, and it keeps getting worse. We get really worried. This is not the usual stretching uterus pain (though it WAS the usual post-cervical exam pain, we just didn't know then). We decide to continue on our way home, and if it does not dissipate, or gets worse, we will go to the ER just to be safe. It got worse, so we went.

We get in, they lay me down and hook up the heartbeat and contraction monitors. Baby's heartbeat keeps dropping. They say this is probably totally normal, but since I'm there, they'll keep me overnight just to make sure. And this is where everything starts to go wrong. (and please forgive me, a lot of it was very blurry and ran together)

A woman comes in while I'm still hooked up, after being there a couple hours. She checks my cervix. She exclaims that I am SIX centimeters dilated, and asks "didn't you jus have an exam at the doctor's office? Didn't she tell you?" We say no, she said everything was normal.

The doctors all decide that since I am six cm, and the baby's heartbeat has been dropping, we should start pitocin to induce me. So they come in to put in my IV. They don't want to put it in the crook of my arm of the back of my hand, so they try various other areas, all to no avail. They bring in a special IV person, who tries, again to no avail. After six failed IV sites, they end up sticking it... in the back of my hand. They start the pitocin. They tell me I cannot eat, in case they end up having to do an emergency cesarean for any reason. I hadn't eaten since that morning, and it's about two am that night before I finally get anything more than ice chips.

My doctor comes in at some point, goes to check my cervix.. and finds that I am not even half a centimeter dilated. The lady had somehow missed my cervix, I hadn't been six centimeters at all. But, they're already inducing, so they continue.

I am in labor for three days. I am not allowed out of bed. I am not given the massage-y leg things to prevent blood clots. After three days, I've started dilating a fair amount.. but then we find out that somehow, my cervix is closing back up. The baby's head has already moved down a little, and my pelvis is squishing his little face. Up until that point, I'd been against a cesarean. I finally conceded.

They break my water (yes, that's right, it hasn't broken yet), and go to put in my epidural. I am having massive contractions since they broke my water, and being yelled at by the doctor to be still so he can insert the needle (I am TERRIFIED of needles, by the way). He gets it in, I am layed back down. He says he's going to flush a small dose of the meds into the IV.. does so.. and I scream. It hurt so bad. He says "that's never happened before" and does nothing about it.

I am wheeled into the operating room to be prepped. My husband is lead to wash up, and it has been made clear they are not to start until he is in there. After more painful doses of medicine is administered through my wrongly placed epidural, they start to cut me open. This isn't right. Where is my husband? Why does it hurt? it's not supposed to hurt..

They end up putting me to sleep. My husband never set foot into the OR. Neither of us got to see our baby be born.

There's a LOT more, but that covers the "labor and delivery" part.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Emergency C Section after 3 days of induced labor. They induced me before the baby dropped cause they didn't wanna wait. I feel I as robbed of my birthing experienced due to a teaching hospital who used my uterus as if it was a guinea pig. And Im still suffering (and medicated) from the depression of being used by a hospital it even makes me not want another baby remembering the pain that that hospital put me threw on purpose.

by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Thanksgiving Day 2004...4 days past my due date. Around 3:00 (pm), I felt my first labor pains, we got to the hospital around 5:00, DD was born at 8:19. Ds's birth was also quick but I was in labor at home for about 10 hours. He was born 4 hours after I got to the hospital. Both were quick and easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Bump for more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I was having dr. appointments and ultrasounds 3-4 times a week! I had to all through my third trimester to keep an eye on LO because he had some problems. He had Gastroschisis, his intestines were outside of his body. We also had a scare around 29 weeks I almost had to deliver. No amniotic fluid. He was an IUGR baby too. I was 35 weeks and thank God we had an appt. that day - my mom drove me there, it was all routine. I got my ultrasound, they asked me if he had been moving today. He rarely moved, they knew this. I said no. I was informed he was failing his BPP test with 2/8 - they took me over to labor and delivery immediately. Hooked me up to the moniters and found his heartrate was drastically dipping, they told me I would deliver that day, either in 5 minutes if his heartrate didn't stabalize or later that day if it did. 5 minutes later they told me they were prepping the OR. I bawled. I was scared effin shitless of having a cesarean. I called my sons father, he was at work - he already knew there was a chance because I called him before that - he was on his way (he was like 50 minutes away mind you!) then I called my aunt who had been through two sections before, and she was my best friend. She talked me through it. Then they wheeled me in, thankfully my mom was with me. In that room there had to been about 50 NICU dr's, surgeon, nurses, my sons surgeons for when he was born, etc etc. The room was SO PACKED. They were all SO freaking kind and nice to me and calming. Gave me oxygen or something to calm down, everything was fine. My sons dad got there probably a second before DS was born lol. I was just laying there and all of a sudden I hear a water sound literally, my mom is like OH did you hear that?! That was your water breaking. I look at her like an alien and say, WTF?!? I am already cut open?!! lol. I had no idea. Then little man was born - they took him IMMEDIATELY to the other side of the room, bagged him up and wheeled him to the NICU - my mom got to snap a couple pictures. that is all I had of him!!! They brought me to recovery and for the next couple hours I got news of his surgery and etc. He was born at 1:33pm. At approx. 8pm I was walking and he was back in the NICU and I was allowed to see him for the first time! My beautiful little man! 4 pounds, 15 inches long. :) He was in the hospital for a month.

by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM
got induced late Sunday, early Monday, labored for 15 hrs, only dilated to 5 cm, had a c-section. Cristoval was born at 6:03 pm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I was pregnant with my twin boys. It had already been a rough pregnancy. I was at my mother in laws house and her and my brother in law were fighting. She said "Stop yelling, your going to put Ashley in labor". I was just laughing and went to use the rest room. I sat down on the toilet and heard a POP! I thought OMG, I broke Eli's neck. I was freaking out until I stood up and water was gushing out. I then went into the kitchen laughing my butt of and told them I needed the keys to the car because I was in labor and they were just shocked. My MIL drove me to pick up my husband and then took me to the hospital. I went in labor around 7:15pm and was 10cm at 12:30am. They set me up in the OR in case there was an emergency. I started to push Eli out and it was rough! They ended up suctioning him out, he was born  5lbs 6oz at 12:46am. Well all of a sudden they lost the others heart beat and he quit breathing. They had to go in for an emergency c-section. She was telling the anestesiologist to hurry up and put me under but I told her to start cutting, I would be okay. I felt the first 10sec of her cutting into me and then I was gone. I woke up and was freaking out about my boys. The nurse said Legend was fine, he had a hard time breathing but he was put on oxygen and was showing great signs. He was 5lbs 4oz and was born at 12:52am (his name is Legend). I went home with 10 stitches in my hoo-haa and 47 staples down my stomach. Worst pain ever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)