Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

freaking pit bit my kid and the parents/owners tried to make excuses.

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM
  • 380 Replies
So my kids were at the neighbors playing. Adults where outside too and their door was open. The dog apparently came running out the door and just attar med my son. Now my son has a huge hole and bite mark on his arm. The parents didn't come to see if he was ok until after they heard I was taking him to the hospital. Them they where trying to come up with reasons why the dog might have bit him and then saying "let me look" like I was over reacting.

Sorry but for me if a dog bites the dog needs to go. I'm filling out papers to have filed at the humane society and will be following up to make sure the animal is removed. My kids will also never play there again until that animal is gone.

What's worse is this is going to make my son afraid of dogs again. My mom had a dog years ago that was unhappy that my son was the only kid who didn't pay her attention so she bit him. Mom got that dog gone asap but we had to work with my son to make him not afraid of dogs. He just got over his fear this last summer and was Comfortable around them.

Yep I'm livid. I am not going to allow these people to make excuses for their dog. They want me to come o er to their house when I vet home...still unsure if I'm going to cause as mad as I am and if they make excuses or beg me not to say anything I might be a huge hitch...then their dog might bite me...haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krayzbabylove
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry that happened. What a shitty situation for both of your families. I agree with you, although i do understand it being hard to get past their emotions and choose to make the decision themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Poor little guy. I hope he is okay.

cherrywaves21
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM
In my state the worst that will happen is they get fined out the ass. hope your son is fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM
2 moms liked this

File a report.  I know someone whose next door neighbor bit their kid.  Not only was the dog ordered to be put down, but they sued the neighbor and the neighbor had to pay the medical bills. 

sam12796
by Sandy on May. 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That really is too bad that it happened. The dog definitely needs to be taken and evaluated. It is unfortunate for all involved that your son got bit and that they did not do a better job to prevent it. Accidents happen but they still need to do the right thing.

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM
13 moms liked this

If someone else's dog bit my child, I'd fucking shoot it myself.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

JSVDP
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this
So I get home and they come right over. They are concerned about animal control and what might happen to their dammed dog. Then the guy says "id like to have him come over and introduce e him to the dog right."your fucking joking! My kids have gone over there many times. I even went over there when they got the thing to be sure it was not vicious. The kids have been around the dog many times so tell me how they weren't introduced right. I told the guy my kids will never be allowed near that dog again. Once it bites its not going to stop esspecially the same kid it sees as a threat or a chew toy.
I am following up with humane society. I will make sure that animal is taken from them. I wont sue but that dog will be gone. I don't give a flying flip if they get mad about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM
3 moms liked this

If my dog bit anyone, including us it would be put down.  No exceptions. 

embersparkle
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be so mad....I love dogs but biting dogs are not ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamianaFire
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I hope your son is ok. Please keep us updated about what happens. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN