Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He gave my 10 week old cake icing

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:18 PM
  • 353 Replies

SMH...I about had a freaking stroke.  I went to the bathroom and came out to find my mom holding my baby, my exclusively breast fed baby, and her boyfriend giving my baby cake icing.  Why would someone in their right mind do that?!?  ugh.  

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM

because they are morons? smh... sorry dear...!

3_girls_86
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Wtf?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishamama
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Beats me, maybe he's never been around babies?
Anywho that was dumb.
What did you tell him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bree0922
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this

ooooooh! I would've FLIPPED!!!! And revoked any chance of babysitting the baby

sam12796
by Sandy on May. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM
8 moms liked this

Well the older generation did things like this and they may not have known it was a bad thing. I would just calmly talk to them and let them know that your baby is exclusively breast fed and in the future would appreciate them not giving the baby anything unless they ask you first.

WheelerWife
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Idk but my mom relished feeding my newborns food, especially sweets. She dipped my daughter's pacifier in cake frosting when she was 2 weeks old. I was so pissed when my son told me.

I death glared her and said "Stop it." She said "she likes it." If I hadn't been in the middle of hosting my older ds's birthday party there would've been an incident. :(
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
62 moms liked this

Are you fucking serious?

It's cake icing, not acid.

SMH. Your baby isn't going to die unless she has allergies that are life threatening. My son was 1 month old when my aunt thought it was hilarious to give him a spoonful of Pepsi. I didn't flip out over it, and neither should you.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM

my dad gave my 12 week old BBQ sauce. I was like" what are you doing" he said  " he likes it" I said please Dude( don't ask long story) don't  give him any more." he didn't but the little guy got a taste for it. he's almost 5 and BBQ is still his favorite food.  I'm sorry they did that, because it is your baby and they didn't even ask. but a tiny bit will not hurt him. he probably spit most of it out anyway

th78
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM
4 moms liked this
Maybe he wasn't in his right mind..... Maybe he was in his left mind.

It won't hurt your baby. Mine was a week old and had Krispy Kreme cream from a donut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:32 PM
5 moms liked this
I was given some Candy bar and almost died because of my peanut allergy. My throat swelled up! Sweets are the worst! Babies also react to things that they wouldnt when they are older. They have a greater chance of having more extreme reactions too.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Are you fucking serious?

It's cake icing, not acid.

SMH. Your baby isn't going to die unless she has allergies that are life threatening. My son was 1 month old when my aunt thought it was hilarious to give him a spoonful of Pepsi. I didn't flip out over it, and neither should you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)