Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

wear weaves?

All of the black women I've seen have beautiful natural hair.. why cover it up?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Ok I gotta add my comment and say i'm half black my hair was long but I cut it society is just f**ked up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilGina
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM
If this baby is a girl, I am going to have her hair "sister locked" as soon as she is old enough. I think its pretty and easier to manage. Plus its not chemicals to damage their hair. It's just their natural hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Quoting happymommy1105:

If this baby is a girl, I am going to have her hair "sister locked" as soon as she is old enough. I think its pretty and easier to manage. Plus its not chemicals to damage their hair. It's just their natural hair.

What's that?

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM
What is sister locked?

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting alwayskk:

I'm under the impression that it is much more difficult for them to grow their hair out long.

I can see that. But I see women with very short weaves too. What's the point?

It's just different types of hair, and personal preferences. Maybe their hair doesn't look nice even when it's short, but the weaves are smoother, easier to style. They can style the weave every day without burning their actual hair.

I don't have a ton of black friends, but I have a few hispanic friends that wear weaves. They all wear them for different reasons.

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Hold.on I will get you a link to their website.

While i am.white, my child will be half black and I believe that part of being a good mom is learning how to properly care for your child.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting happymommy1105:

What's that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
I never wear weaves. I tried it once it was like wearing a hot ass hair helmet. Not for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
It's most likely damaged so they will use a weave to cover up the damage which cause more damage.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting alwayskk:

I'm under the impression that it is much more difficult for them to grow their hair out long.

I can see that. But I see women with very short weaves too. What's the point?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)