Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

wear weaves?

All of the black women I've seen have beautiful natural hair.. why cover it up?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
jadedcynic
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Yes, it's a documentary by Chris Rock. He looks into the various hair products used by black women and some men. He looks at it from a father's perspective because one of his daughters asked why she didn't have "good hair."

Quoting randomosityblog:

Is it a movie, that I can rent or buy?

Quoting LoriLou75:

And chemicals. You should watch Good Hair. It is very informative.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

most have burned it to hell you should watch good hair

Burned it? Like with a flat iron?

TwinMommy2BE86
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I don't wear a weave lol. I flat iron my hair some days and others I go curly. Some days I really wish I could wash my hair and blow dry it straight but I really don't mind my hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I don't wear weaves but I have a Cousin who has long beautiful hair and she loves her weaves. Her hair is just a pain to maintain with a weave she gets to change her look every week different color different hair
cut. I don't have have a problem with weaves just make sure you got a good perm cause thats just tacky. Nappy and weave don't mix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Pretty much this and natural hair is NOT hard to grow.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

This...
You are taught from a young age that straight hair is good hair. Your parents were taught that too. Hard to break that cycle.

Quoting LilGina:

because society says only straight long hair is pretty.

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
http://www.sisterlocks.com/

That is their official website. I can't make it clicky, I'm.on.my phone.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Hold.on I will get you a link to their website.

While i am.white, my child will be half black and I believe that part of being a good mom is learning how to properly care for your child.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting happymommy1105:

If this baby is a girl, I am going to have her hair "sister locked" as soon as she is old enough. I think its pretty and easier to manage. Plus its not chemicals to damage their hair. It's just their natural hair.

What's that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilGina
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

how is locking their hair learning how to take care of it? I could never do that to my child personally that is something they would decided on their own.

Quoting happymommy1105:

While i am.white, my child will be half black and I believe that part of being a good mom is learning how to properly care for your child.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting happymommy1105:

If this baby is a girl, I am going to have her hair "sister locked" as soon as she is old enough. I think its pretty and easier to manage. Plus its not chemicals to damage their hair. It's just their natural hair.

What's that?

TwinMommy2BE86
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Your daughter will appreciate you for educating yourself. Seriously my mom was useless. She would just Afro my hair and I was picked on until I was old enough to buy my own hair products which means old enough to work.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting happymommy1105:

What's that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2soon29
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Why do white woman go tanning? Why do white woman get lip injections? Why do white woman get botox? I could go on and on. The main answer is because of what society thinks is "pretty" and its sad

Schleetle
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM
None of my black friends wear weaves, or they are just really good weaves, and I can't tell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM
http://www.sisterlocks.com/

This is their official website. They explain it better than me.

I cant make it clicky, I'm on my phone.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

What is sister locked?

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN