Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He doesn't get it. Wwyd? (Just wanted to add...update in red)

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 167 Replies
2 moms liked this

I work full time (so does my husband). I also do the dishes,make the meals,do the laundry,sweep,mop and wipe down the kitchen.Each of the boys have chores but the youngest ones need to be reminded.It seems I am always working,even on my days off. I can deal with this;it is part of life.

But,what I don't want to deal with and in my opinion should NOT have to deal with is my hubby's sh!t. He doesn't like it if I cook with the crockpot...he says it doesn't count because nobody is actually cooking the food. "It does it by itself!" He also very rarely has anything nice to say about the food (Always some stupid excuse why it could have been better)...He usually says "It was salty;too hard;too soft..."etc. It was really starting to get on my nerves,so I stopped cooking for him.

He gets his feelings all hurt.Tells me I should apologize for making him feel bad. WTH...I cook for you every day and there is ALWAYS something wrong with it. When I stop cooking for you because you are being a dick I should apologize for hurting your feelings?! Damn it....learn to say thank you, you ungrateful worm.

Vent over. I still don't think I'm wrong. I will NOT apologize for working my a$$ off and refusing to listen to you whine because it wasn't exactly the way you like it.Moron.( I'm only a tiny bit mad,mostly it just hurts my feelings and he doesn't get the why it hurts,kwim?)

During the weekends I work graveyard (  8:oo p.m. to 5:00 a.m.) and on Sundays after just have gotten off work at 4:00a.m. I have to be back at work on the same day at 3:00 p.m. So,on  Sundays I usually get home after work and  go straight to bed. I have always HATED this "turn-around" shift. It makes me feel like a zombie( walking around not really awake). So,I get off work at 4:30 a.m.;climb in my bed and CAN'T sleep. I lie there awake for about 2 hours.I'm finally starting to doze off (by now it's around 1:30p.m.) and my hubby walks into the room and starts shaking my shoulder. When I open my eyes he demands "You aren't making anything for supper?!"Well,excuse me for trying to sleep before going back to work in an hour. Dude,WTH is wrong with you? He always worries about making the food on Saturday and Sunday... I refused to get up and he stormed off muttering about having to eat fast food.

(Btw,he has NEVER done anything like this before. I sort of think his mom put him up to it...he was on the phone with her for about 2 hours yesterday. I will call and ask her why she's giving him advice that can get him KILLED?)

UGH!

What's the difference between a penis and a prick?
A penis is fun, sexy and satisfying... A prick is the guy who owns it.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pixiemaid
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM
4 moms liked this
i love my crockpot. Your husband should cook his own food then. Men
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 9, 2012 at 12:51 AM
5 moms liked this
My mom had a rule and I use it in my house.

If I cook it, you eat it. If you don't want to eat it, don't but don't expect me to make something else for you. If you cook in my kitchen, you clean up your mess; every dish, every spec.

And not even my dad had the balls to criticize my moms cooking and GOD help one of us kids if we said anything bad about it. We were to say thank you before we took our first bite and as we were clearing our plates--cause we did clear our plates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meissilly
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya !!!   ITs the same way here . I have three kids , 4, 5 and 15 . The oldest has soccer  every day .. if its not practice its a game  or  shes working on the soccer field .  We just moved so we dont have busing for the  5 year old for school .  So I have to  pick up  the 4 year old from  pre school and the 5 year old  from school  all at  different times .. and then go  back an pick up the oldest from practice  AND  cook and clean and  all the wifely duties ..  :::SIGH ::::  

My husband cocomplained about my  cooking once and I stopped then  he appreciated it  years later  he complained again ..   So i started  sending  him to work with more then enough   so the guys he worked with got  food and THEY  appreciated it .. so one day after  saying " ahh it was ok "    I took  food   for one of the  guys he worked with  and told my husband  if you want   dinner  you can go  to Brads house .. cuz he likes what I cook 

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM

BUMP!

stockuponlove
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank goodness SO is not a picky eater. I am a good cook and baker. Hence why he is over weight. BUT he knows that if he has something to say he will think of the nicest way to say it.
And he knows I would beat him with a pan faster than the insult comes outta his mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm on your side. 

He can cook his own damn self then. 

PinkHairMAMA
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM
You do your thing, screw him!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaidansmylife
by Stacie on May. 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM
4 moms liked this

I dumped a pan of hot scrambled eggs in my husbands lap. He learned not to be an ass about my cooking. 

brittani
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM
4 moms liked this
I would have taken his plate and dumped in the trash and told him to made his own dinner then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on May. 9, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I had that problem with my xh wheni was prego with dd and till she was 4 months i didnt work and had no problem doing everything around the house.   when i decided to go back to work xh and i decided we would start splitting everything around the house  because we both worked 40 plus hours and i took dd to and from daycare.   well that didnt happen   he expected me to work just as hard as him all day and then come home and do everything!  and that was not ok  i ended up not ever doing anything for him. cause i got tired of his shit he had to wash his own clothes and make his own food. .  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)