Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

S/O IF YOU DIE.... What then?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM
  • 61 Replies

Are you prepared? Do you have life insurance? Do you have a plan about how you want to be buried? Could your family afford it?

I know people don't like discussing how and when.. They like to ignore death.

But we all know it is coming.. PRAY IT ISN'T TODAY.. But eventually it will be here..

SO since most people plan for things.. 

HAVE YOU?

I have.. just a little. 

I don't want to be someone who is a financial burden. Funerals cost ALOT..

So I am open to cremation. But I admit cremation scares me as I don't like the idea of having my bones broken.. I don't know why but that freaks me out. And well I know I would be dead.. but HELLO.. I fear most of all dying via fire or drowning.. SO WHY AM I OK WITH BURNING AFTER THE FACT? 

All I know is I already have sympathy for my loved ones when that happens.. Especially my son's.

Death in essence is SEPARATION.. From life and my family! That is the part that sucks most!

by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsm3
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:47 AM

i'm prepared about 90% (insurance, how i want to be buried etc) i just don't have a plot.  

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

cryssi_renee
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I have insurance.  As far as I'm concerned they can throw me in a whole in the back yard, I really don't care what they do to me.  I don't need a big fancy casket or a plot with a view of a beautiful old oak tree, I'll be dead. My DH knows to make it simple. I'd rather the insurance money go to take care of my kids. 

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I have the same life insurance since I was born, don't know how much though.
We could bury me. A funeral for us doesn't cost a lot at all. It's all planned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Everything is taken care of
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM
What a morbid topic lol...I have insurance...and have told hubby what I want. They'd be more than fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Islandmom2boys
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM
We are not prepared at all, but we have been discussing all of this. So maybe very soon we will be prepared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife0424
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I'm almost prepared. I have a will and life insurance. I'm just missing the plot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I have a life insurance policy. I want to be cremated with no cremains returned. And I don't want a funeral. DH agrees with me.

Jaxmomof2600
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM

We are prepared.  Everyone in the family knows I want to be cremated.  That's it no flowers, no services.  I told my DH have a BBQ.  You could waste up to $17,000 and up for funeral costs.  To me ist a big waste of money.  I am also an organ donor because I am not going to need them.

momdoes
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I have ins, our wills are done, POAs and living wills. Estate and inhertaince for our boys is done.

We have not made funeral plans yet, tho we have talked about it. That is our next step. I want it all planned and paid for by the time my time is up. I want buried, beside my husband. my husband does not want embalmed, so hopefully he doesnt die outside the state we live! (no, you do not have to embalm unless the body is being transported across state lines) Cremation, no. My mIL, BIL and others have opted for this because it is cheaper, but I wont. Never heard of breaking the bones for cremation other than when done, the thick bones are pulverized. Most of the body goes up flue. They will break bones to prepare body in a casket, like if the person was contracted prior to death. TRUST me on this ladies, I live beside and are neghbors and friends with funeral directors and with another in my home town.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN