Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lobster Mac and cheese recipe?

Posted by   + Show Post
Any ideas? I love lobster but I've never cooked it and I'm on blood thinners so I'm afraid of how I'm gonna get it open lol. Any suggestions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Replies (11-16):
yezay
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM
My fear is I'm on blood thinners and I'm gonna cut myself and bleed to death over lobster lol.

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh well, if that is all you are worried about then I think you will be fine.  You are just a bit nervous maybe.  See if there is a youtube on pulling the lobster meat out. ;)

Quoting yezay:

Ok thanks! I'm good at baked Mac and cheese I just wish I could buy just lobster meat already cooked!

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayelynnesmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Do you have a seafood market near you that could steam the lobster for you and cut it open so all you have to do is scoop out the meat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Tirado
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Oh wow! I'm from the islands and i find it funny that u don't know this. Don't get offended. Its just funny to me. I'll inbox u and tell u a easy way to take the meat out without hurting yourself and u CAN hurt yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I know in theory it's easy I've seen it done plenty and I've opened them myself but now that I have a bleeding issue I'm scared lol.

Quoting Mrs.Tirado:

Oh wow! I'm from the islands and i find it funny that u don't know this. Don't get offended. Its just funny to me. I'll inbox u and tell u a easy way to take the meat out without hurting yourself and u CAN hurt yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Tirado
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM
This is a good idea.

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

Do you have a seafood market near you that could steam the lobster for you and cut it open so all you have to do is scoop out the meat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Tirado
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe u should try something else. U are putting yourself in a dangerous situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)