Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How does your husband/SO feel about abortion?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 184 Replies

We see plenty of abortion drama on this site and we attack each other in a million different ways, but I wanna know the point of view of the man, your man in this case, about it. 

I recently had this conversation with my husband, if he would have started a relationship with me if he knew I had gotten an abortion before him, or if I omitted that I got an abortion. (Not the case btw, I have never gotten one)

His response was that abortion is a deal breaker for him, if it was done because of lack of birth control or personal responsibility then he would not have started a relationship with me. 

If I had hidden an abortion from him, he couldn't continue a relationship with me. 

So, how does your husband/SO feel about this? 

Does he care, not care? 

Let keep this clean ladies. No reason to attack each other over this, at least TRY not to. 

*Thanks for all the replies ladies, I appreciate everyone remaning respectful(other than a few posts) about this subject. We are all different, just like our spouses, and we all have different opinions about this that should be respected even if they are not understood or mutual*

by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilydoyle
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

My SO would not. I've had to have 2 abortions, because the placenta attached to the scar tissue from my c-sections; both baby and I would have died. But I personally think death of both baby and/or mom is the ONLY reason for an abortion. I wouldn't have had either if that weren't the case.

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this

He feels very strongly against abortions, as do I.

AHmom103
by Alexis on May. 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this

My husband finds abortion to be just as disgusting as I do.

Ashley0523
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM

my dh wouldnt leave me if it was a medical reason for it but if it was just because i just didnt want to have the baby, etc then he would have a big problem with it

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on May. 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Quoting casah4:

He feels very strongly against abortions, as do I.

same

miss_lisa
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM
3 moms liked this
He's pro choice mostly because he likes to mind his own business and what other women do with their bodies are not his concern.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sidneyb
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
He feels like me. If it's used as bc, no go. If it's due to medical necessty or rape/incest etc it's understandable but I'd never do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malissaL

He is not as pro choice as I am. 

caito
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM
4 moms liked this

He's pro-choice. He doesn't like the idea of abortion but he doesn't think it's his job or business to give a shit what goes on inside anyone's uterus except mine. And even then he knows I have the final say! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN