Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How does your husband/SO feel about abortion?

Posted by   + Show Post

We see plenty of abortion drama on this site and we attack each other in a million different ways, but I wanna know the point of view of the man, your man in this case, about it. 

I recently had this conversation with my husband, if he would have started a relationship with me if he knew I had gotten an abortion before him, or if I omitted that I got an abortion. (Not the case btw, I have never gotten one)

His response was that abortion is a deal breaker for him, if it was done because of lack of birth control or personal responsibility then he would not have started a relationship with me. 

If I had hidden an abortion from him, he couldn't continue a relationship with me. 

So, how does your husband/SO feel about this? 

Does he care, not care? 

Let keep this clean ladies. No reason to attack each other over this, at least TRY not to. 

*Thanks for all the replies ladies, I appreciate everyone remaning respectful(other than a few posts) about this subject. We are all different, just like our spouses, and we all have different opinions about this that should be respected even if they are not understood or mutual*

by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM

My husband thinks like yours does.

liz.1986
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM
This.

Quoting Ashley0523:

my dh wouldnt leave me if it was a medical reason for it but if it was just because i just didnt want to have the baby, etc then he would have a big problem with it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rinaann

We are both pro choice 

TableforSeven

My DH is as against abortion as I am.  This is one thing that NEITHER of us could have continued a relationship with someone if they were not on the same-page.  

LntLckrsCmQut

My husband said this a while back....

If abortion = murder, does using a condom = kidnapping? :\

LoveOfSign
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM

DH is all for a woman's right to choose but it would be a deal breaker as well.

Ladyteancum
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM

It would be a deal breaker for my DH.

krayzbabylove
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM
He always thought her body her choice, until we stumbled upon the silent scream, and he almost threw up watching the baby be torn apart. It is not something we ever have needed to talk about, and that is the only time it has ever been discussed. It is not an option for me. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nokesmomof2

he is against it except in rape or life or death situations

fireeyes81

My husband hates abortion.  He would excuse it in the case of rape or if having the baby would cause the death of the mother.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)