Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

She did the right thing keeping her baby!!

Posted by   + Show Post

This video hits so close to home. My best friends daughter was born without arms, hips, and only has one bone in the lower leg no top bones at all and no ankles.. her mom was given the choice to abort and said no..here is another mother of an amazing baby :D

by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
.Beloved.
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:40 PM

what an amazing story!

embersparkle
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:40 PM
See what an abortion take from someone? Every baby has the right to live...life is precious. Amazing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dark_xiii_angel
by Purple Ninja on May. 9, 2012 at 9:41 PM
He is adorable!!

Quoting Aiamerran:

He is gorgeous. Such a vivid and beautiful spirit -- both him and his momma.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmart18255
by Jessica on May. 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM

saw this on facebook earlier today and i couldnt stop crying! such a strong mom and stronger little guy!

rec104
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM

BUMP!

LucyHarper
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I'm sorry, but anyone who would abort a child just because they have something physically wrong with them doesn't deserve to be a parent. A parents love is unconditional, you dont get to pick and choose until you get the picture perfect baby. Who ever said that a blind child or a child missing a limb or a child who can't walk can't have an excellent quality of life and live it to the fullest. People with disabilities have climbed mountains, wrote books, gotten married and had kids of their own, no one should have that taken and be made to feel like less of a person because they are born different. Personally, I think that little boy is adorable in his own way and he deserves a long happy life just like everyone else. I adopted my stepson after his mother terminated her rights. When she was pregnant with him, she drank and smoked heavily and may have used hardcore drugs. My husband knew that there was a high chance that he would be born with physical or mental "defects", and he didn't care, people, including his mother, urged him to push her to abort or give the baby up, but he wouldn't, that was his baby and he loved him no matter what. He was born prematurely but otherwise had no physical issues. My husband ended up with full custody and when we got involved when my stepson was 18 months, he let me know straight up that there was a high chance that he would have mental issues in the future, but I didn't care, I just saw a happy loving boy and loved him immediately. We would handle things as they came. He's now four and thank God is is smart as a whip, advanced for his age, and has suffered no lasting issues from his biological mothers drug and alcohol use, but I would love him just the same. That is a parents job, to love their child no matter what and help them to reach their full potential whatever that may be.

mama_cullum
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM
I'm crying. He is beautiful. People can be so cruel. He has a wonderful mommy who is beautiful and strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jasminesmom210
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Bump to watch on a computer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinerdancer1988
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM
I loved this video. I shared it with my 4 year old who felt so bad for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Beautiful video, but I personally would have aborted my DD if I had known she had her condition before she was born. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)