Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has your water ever broken/leaked slowly?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
  • 40 Replies

How did it start? 

How did you feel? 

This has never happened to me before but I'm having certain symptoms and wanted some input. I go to the doctor tomorrow regardless to get checked. 

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on May. 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM
It broke on it's own twice. Both times it was a gush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lostinindy
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM
My water only broke on its own with my 7th child. I kept feeling like I was peeing myself. It was constant. I never had a gush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodmama85
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Both my first two pregnancies it never broke. I have a feeling it's not gonna happen with this baby either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

With my son it  they were about to break it but it broke on its own.

With my DD I felt like I peed myself a few times, then when I was getting ready to go to the hospital it broke all over the couch,  Big huge gush!!

oboe_chik
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM
mine with dd broke when i was in the tub...kept drying myself off and couldnt get my legs dry...took me a second to figure out what happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krista778
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

When I was in labor. When the triage nurse checked me my water broke. They told me to walk to dialate more so I leaked all over the hospital lol. It didn't break in a gush, but a slow trickle. But I was in active labor then, not before

Due9
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I never had a gush. But my mucus plug came out and when the midwife checked the next morning, she said that I was leaking amniotic fluid. Off to the hospital i went!

kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM

my water broke on its own, it seriously felt like everytime my stomach tightened up for an hour that i peed on myself

Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I was going to pee, made it to the bathroom without a drop spilled. It literally felt like I was having a period that posiedon would be proud of, just when I thought it was over I would stand up and goosh, I spent a good hour in the shower waiting for my ob to answer his phone.

lammertc
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

With my daughter it broke in the middle of the night. I was sleeping and had no idea what it was, plus it happened a month early. It honestly felt like I had peed myself but it was bloody. A few mins later, the pain started. (contractions) I had my daughter 4 hours later :)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)